• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter Feeding

bunbun5

Young Bun
Is it any differrent to normal? Or do you up there food intake in the colder months?

Monty was an indoor rabbit last year and is now outdoors and I'm worrying about everything:roll: (we will have had him a year end of Nov) so still quite new to the game;)

I personally do tend to up the pellet intake on the colder days and nights so they have the energy to maintain enough temperature. I also tend to give warm water in the morning and evening on those days too. Oodles of hay like normal, but that's about it food wise, really.

I usually feed excel light pellets.... but i'm now doing half light and half normal, so that they're having a little extra.... and i'm allowing them half a weetabix once a week now rather than once a month.

Other than that, I'm not doing anything different.

I usually feed excel light pellets.... but i'm now doing half light and half normal, so that they're having a little extra.... and i'm allowing them half a weetabix once a week now rather than once a month.

Other than that, I'm not doing anything different.

Weetabix? I never knew they could have that! That's another to add to my list

:wave: I usually give mine pellets for breakfast and then supper is normaly veg/herbs/forage etc but now its getting colder im adding some pellets into supper too :) Just keep an eye out for excess cecals if you up their pellets :thumb:

I give a little more pellets, mine used to he indoor, but they did just fine last year in fact they enjoyed the snow, and have the best coats now

Mine have more pellets for breakfast, then more veg for tea. I also give them the occasional shreedie. Plenty hay.

They have a water bowl and a bottle and in winter I put an old sock over the bottle to help stop it freezing. The bowl is their preference so that gets changed a few times a day in winter.

They are also more bored in winter cos sometimes they dont want to play out so they have extra toys, chew mats etc.

Thought I'd add - I give mine their pellets through the day, so they have a few in the morning, a couple in the middle of the day with some carrot tops or herbs and then the majority of their pellets in the evening :) they seem to prefer it like that because they're greedy :lol:

Back