• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit's eating carpet hair

denla

Warren Scout
Well, not exactly eating the carpet, but every time I give her a carrot, she grabs it and runs to the carpet before eating it. The carrot's been washed and ends up getting carpet hair stuck to it. -________-

I try moving the carrot but she does it again.

I try holding the carrot but she pulls until she managed to get it off me. Won't eat it until she drags the carrot all the way to the carpet.

Is the carrot dry when you give it to her?

Also be careful about too much carrot, it's a bit sugary for them!

I don't wash the carrots I give to my rabbits as I can't see the point. They dig up and eat roots etc when free-ranging which is no different to them digging up and eating a carrot. They also then sit on their haunches and lick all the soil of their paws so washing greens is a waste of time. Obviously I check for bugs but personally I don't bother washing them unless there's a great big fat lump of soil on it and even then I'd only get rid of that. Then the carrot would be dry and wouldn't pick up any fibres. Sorted!

To be honest, the rabbit probably couldn't care less, every time I give mine a bit of fruit in a nice clean bowl they take it out and drag it through poo and woodshavings before eating it :roll: And the tiny amount they might ingest wont cause any harm. If you're still worried about it, make sure the carrot is completely dry before feeding it to the rabbit

To be honest, the rabbit probably couldn't care less, every time I give mine a bit of fruit in a nice clean bowl they take it out and drag it through poo and woodshavings before eating it :roll: And the tiny amount they might ingest wont cause any harm. If you're still worried about it, make sure the carrot is completely dry before feeding it to the rabbit

That sounds just wrong. Makes me wonder what the bunny was thinking. Hey, I'll just smear some poo on my fruits! Delicious!

Back