• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

water....

Rabbits drink varying amounts but as you go along you will learn how much they are consuming. Some people find rabbits drink more from a bowl than a bottle, and it is more natural that way. The important thing is to always have water available especially just after they have eaten their dried food.

Rabbits drink varying amounts but as you go along you will learn how much they are consuming. Some people find rabbits drink more from a bowl than a bottle, and it is more natural that way. The important thing is to always have water available especially just after they have eaten their dried food.

thanks for that, they always have access to 2 bottles, but only a inch or so has gone today, just though it was a bit weird? the bottle end is defo working

my three vary, together they can drink just over one regular sized bottle or some times just over two. If its cold and the rabbit has been eating a lot of moist veg/leaves they'll drink less than on a hot day with dry food, although even with similar temperatures and diets their drinking pattern can vary quite a bit

If they're acting as they do usually, eating fine and generally seeming healthy (and the bottles are definitely working properly) then I wouldn't worry if they're drinking a bit less than usual, you can always soak their veg/leaves in water to make sure they're getting some moisture

Do you have family members that may of filled the bottles up? Sometimes if my grandma is round and see's the bottles are low she'll fill them up again without telling me

Last edited:
my three vary, together they can drink just over one regular sized bottle or some times just over two. If its cold and the rabbit has been eating a lot of moist veg/leaves they'll drink less than on a hot day with dry food, although even with similar temperatures and diets their drinking pattern can vary quite a bit

thanks for the advice, just thought my2 should be drinking more? maybe im just panicking

my 2 mini lops i often laugh and say they drink like horses, they have their water bowl topped up 3 times during the day, with them drinkng more in the morning after there eating their pellets think they like to wash them down :lol:

my 2 mini lops i often laugh and say they drink like horses, they have their water bowl topped up 3 times during the day, with them drinkng more in the morning after there eating their pellets think they like to wash them down :lol:

perhaps i should try water in a bowl rather than bottle?

perhaps i should try water in a bowl rather than bottle?

:wave: I find that mine drink quite alot...I have the large giant water bottles and also a big water bowl...I find that they sometimes like to drink from the bowl as its a more natural way of drinking...its easier and also if they are unwell - they will def. drink from a bowl more than a bottle.

I always have the water bowl full..and then because of the possibility (which happens now & then lol!) of them weeing or spilling the water bowl...I make sure there is the water bottle...just means I dont have to worry about them now having water...I dont think there is any harm in having both - if anything its reassuring :p

Back