• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uneaten caecotrophs or diarrhoea??

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Dash has always had the odd few but seemed to improve, but this morning I've seen 2 squashed blobs of poo in the top of the hutch, where he has never pooed before! His litter tray is in the bottom and he's been good using it. Iv been only giving him small amounts of greens but have tried to gradually increase it so could this be what's causing it? He's not the best hay eater, im going to order some to try tomorrow when I get paid! Never had this prob with my other bunnies so just want some advice really? He's being neutered tomorrow :? so vets will check his teeth, hope he's not got dental probs :roll: Would I know if he had? He eats everything fine, just doesn't seem too bothered about hay :?

It's probably the increase in greens that's going it, I can't give any greens to Sweep as it triggers him off badly and we get loads of caecs

I'd try reducing the veg personally then he may eat more hay

Yes would be extra cecal. Diarrhoea is when it's the fecal, as Doughnut had this at the weekend. It doesn't smell as much and you can tell it's unformed currants!

sounds like extra cecals....bless - one of my buns has a similar issue...adores any yummy foraged goods but gets upset tummy with greens & veges. I tend to not bother giving veges or greens anymore...I stick to wild foraged foods...free, dries easy to store for winter and also has alot nmore fiblre in it so really good for their tummies.

Try bramble leaves, hawthorn leaves/branches/twigs, plantain, sunflower leaves, hollyhock leaves, rose leaves & petals, apples leaves/branches, lemonbalm, etc;)

Thanks for ur replies :wave: I do give mostly foraged greens as much as I can and herbs and usually just one or 2 diff fruit or veg. Will cut him back again then but I feel so mean! Also hoping he will bond with my single girl which means she'll get hers cut down too poor thing! She is a really good hay eater tho so hoping he'll learn from her! They have SS pellets too so high fibre. Should I increase the amount of pellets?

Thanks for ur replies :wave: I do give mostly foraged greens as much as I can and herbs and usually just one or 2 diff fruit or veg. Will cut him back again then but I feel so mean! Also hoping he will bond with my single girl which means she'll get hers cut down too poor thing! She is a really good hay eater tho so hoping he'll learn from her! They have SS pellets too so high fibre. Should I increase the amount of pellets?

Back