• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for Pets - Ings

xlaurax

Mama Doe
Well I decided to order some ings from Hay for Pets, everywhere else that and Timothy are always more expensive than Meadow but it's the same price on there...

It arrived on Friday. The rabs haven't tried it yet as they're using up their other stuff first. It's very green and smells delish!

Wondering what they will make of it.

Does anybun know if it's lovely? :wave:

Mine love it! I love the smell of it :D but at the moment they're loving timothy and rye so sticking with that for now :D

I ordered one of the tester sample kits for Pete and he went bonkers for them all :lol: which is brilliant as he has never been a big hay eater so I'm very pleased!

I then bought a bag (9.5kg) of the timothy and rye and OMG the smell is amazing! When it first arrived I had to keep popping out to have a sniff :oops::oops:

How big is the 9.5kg bag? As in measurements! How is it delivered? Going to order the samples myself :thumb: Def need to get Dash eating more hay, sounds like this may work from what u say :)

How big is the 9.5kg bag? As in measurements! How is it delivered? Going to order the samples myself :thumb: Def need to get Dash eating more hay, sounds like this may work from what u say :)

Its roughly 50cmx50cmx40cm. Its reasonably well compacted, I've had the bag for about 2 weeks and I've only made a dent in the top really :shock: It seems never ending!!

Mine was delivered by Yodel. I lady brought it in her car and she was saying that she was relieved it was well packed (double bagged) as she is allergic to hay!

Its roughly 50cmx50cmx40cm. Its reasonably well compacted, I've had the bag for about 2 weeks and I've only made a dent in the top really :shock: It seems never ending!!

Mine was delivered by Yodel. I lady brought it in her car and she was saying that she was relieved it was well packed (double bagged) as she is allergic to hay!

Thanks :wave: Helps to know what to expect! Just worried how fast I'd get through it going off what people say it only last some a week or 2 and I have 4 bunnies and a guinea pig!!

Thanks :wave: Helps to know what to expect! Just worried how fast I'd get through it going off what people say it only last some a week or 2 and I have 4 bunnies and a guinea pig!!

I've noticed that it doesnt smell as strong anymore (or it could be that I'm full of cold :lol:) but it still looks and feels fresh. I keep mine in one of those Keter garden storage unit with the bag open at the top, so it can't get wet in the rain but it can "breathe"

Thats just because people have differing amounts of bunnies and piggies, and use different amounts of hay depending on what else they use and whether they are outdoors or in.

A standard bag of petshop or other bagged hay is 1kg, so just think how quickly you would get through 9 and a half of those, then reduce the time a bit cause buns generally really like h4p hay.

Donny & Lola get cleaned out daily and it lasts me over a month :) Leo and Poppy get their own but that lasts longer, mainly because Poppy can't eat hay :lol:

It's heavy :lol: but I think it's such good value for money, it's the postage that makes it £16 but it's worth it. Mine eat so much more hay so I don't mind if it doesn't last as long sometimes, as long as they're eating plenty :thumb:

My bag lasts ages and the buns LOVE it, it works out cheaper than the nicer pet shop hays. Also I reckon in the long run its saving me money on any possible future denials as the buns eat sooo much of it :D

I tried meadow hay a while back, an the buns liked it but when they got their first helping of Ings again I thought they were going to pop they ate so much!!! :love:

I know they will all differ, suppose I won't know til I try! Iv been buying the XL packs of natures own from the range which is £3.99 for about 4kg I think! But I'm finding it's lasting less than a week! May still get that for bedding and ings (or whichever they like best!) for the racks and c how that goes. One 9.5kg a month is fine but if I need 2 or more :shock:

My 2 are real hay monsters and the 9.5kg bag of meadow lasted about 3 weeks. They have a hay rack which gets filled up 3 times a day.

I'm so excited about trying this now, it sounds like it's going to be popular!:love:

:O I can't believe the value, I pay £4.65 for 1KG! However I do only pay £4 for a massive bale at the local farm but one bunny isn't so keen so I just ordered myself the £16 worth of this Ings hay :)

All my buns loved it! I can't remember when i bought my last lot, but it has lasted my four buns a good couple of months I think...but then I also give them the oat wheat and barley hay from the hay experts, which mine also love. I also buy that in bulk...£40 for just over 11kg

went into our branch of the range yesterday as I'd run out of hay, and they only had one type of hay ...took one look at it and just knew my buns wouldn't touch it...like having macdonalds once you've gotten used to top quality steak :lol:

I order this size 2 at a time and it just and I mean just fits in my wheelie bin. One pack lasts my 2 rabbits approx 3/4 weeks so for £16 its an absolute bargain compared to what I was buying at the pet shop

I buy bales of hay direct from the farm for £4 each and they deliver them to my house. It smells sweet and lasts ages, because they have 24/7 access to the lawn and prefer grass to hay.

Back