• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roll of lino?

Loosy

Warren Veteran
I know quite a lot of people use lino to lie hutches etc so I was wondering whether anyone knows where I can buy some on a roll rather than the tiles? I want it to line the floor of my budgie's aviary. I have tiles in there at the moment but I think the sand I use on their floor will be easier to sweep up if I have one continuous sheet. I've checked homebase and B&Q but they only seem to sell the tiles :?

Thanks!

Hiya

I got mine from a local flooring place, I emailed and asked if I could have any off cuts and explained what it was for, he said he had the size to cover 5 x3 that I could have for a tenner. He also said he had some in the skip but it had just been emptied. You could also try for places like freecycle.org.uk or contacting plumbers as they often rip out old lino.

Hope that helps :)

all my local carpet shops have rolls of lino off-cuts outside the shop, priced up individualy. They can also cut you a length off to size. You can shop around, but I paid about £20-£30 for just over 8 foot by 6ft for my shed...which my buns lived in for a week, before I missed them too much and moved them back to the dining room :lol:

I just went to a carpet place. Not one of the main ones they wanted like £60!! Managed to find somewhere for about £30 told them it was for a rabbit and they very kindly (well one lady, the other man wasn't so kind and wanted to sell me it) went out back and got the boys who work there to find a bit I could have for free! Very very kind woman :)

I hadn't thought of asking around for offcuts, that's a good idea! I don't need very much so it might be my best bet.
I had a look on eBay but postage seems to be quite expensive. I guess I'd have to find a seller nearby so I could collect!

Thanks everyone :)

I went to my local flooring shop to ask for an offcut and he gave me a full sided roll of lino, good quality stuff too, for £10. Enough to do the kitchen floor at the rabbit cage :lol: He'd been sent too many of a colour he didn't sell as much of so wanted rid. Carried it to my front door for me too:thumb:

B & Q sell it on the role too, but I'd go down the route of contacting local independent flooring people who will be glad to sell you odd sized bits cheap.

TheRange have cheap rolls of vinyl at the moment. Easy to spot they are stood on their end in a big cardboard box

I used to love The Range when I was living in Nottingham but there's not one near where I live now :( That sounds like it would be perfect though.

Think I'll be making a trip to Carpetright tomorrow to see if I can get some offcuts :) I was near there this morning but I didn't even think about it at the time! lol

Back