• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fussy bunnies

Fred and Lils mum

Warren Scout
I have 2 buns aged 4 and 5 months old. I have given them lots of variety of vegetables and they seem to turn their noses up at most things. They dont seem to eat cabbage, broccoli, green beans, sweet corn, parsnips, sprouts, cauliflower, courgettes, asparagus or peas. They love spitnach, watercress and rocket but surely they are going to get bored of these eventually. Are my buns just being fussy??? Are advice would be appreciated. x:shock:

Hi , I'm sorry I cant give you any sound advice as I am new to 'rabbits' but wanted to sympathise, my bunny is sooooooo fussy too.....!!,

All the best
Fee x

Don't worry too much about fussiness with veg. Hay and a good brand of pellets are the most important parts of a bunny's diet. :wave:

Have you tried fresh herbs, eg. parsley, basil or coriander?

One of my mums buns isn't keen on greens and only eats rocket and spring greens. He was in a sulk for a whole day when she tried him on mint. Very fussy!

One of my mums buns isn't keen on greens and only eats rocket and spring greens. He was in a sulk for a whole day when she tried him on mint. Very fussy!

I had this reaction to basil from Spenser. It's generally popular with buns, but he wouldn't eat anything until I had removed the offending leaves from the hutch. :lol:

Oh they quite like all herbs forgot to mention that.:thumb:

Herbs are probably better, as some veg can give bunnies a gassy tummy. They really don't need as much fresh veg as some of like to give them. I also think (rightly or wrongly) that spoilt bunnies (like mine) play up - they know if they don't fancy what they are given and leave it ... something else will be offered sooner than later. :lol:

Back