• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protexin pro fibre? general diet questions!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave:

We are treating rosey for EC and at the moment she seems to be doing well, she is eating like a horse but her weight is still a little on the low side at 10 months she weighs 1.48kg and is very boney... While she was living outside with lily they were getting a handful of SS pellets in the morning which she wasnt bothered about, fresh veggies and herbs (mostly herbs) at tea time and plenty of fresh hay...she is a great hay eater :thumb:

Anyway the vets asked me to free feed her pellets but I dont want it to have a knock on effect on her hay eating :? and since she hadnt really been bothered about her pellets I wasnt sure if it would help anyway...Anyway since she moved in doors a week ago I have been giving her a handful of pellets morning and at lunch time and then at tea time she has been having a handful of pellets with fresh veggies/herbs. She has been eating hay just fine too :thumb:

She has gone from 1.35-1.48kg in a week :thumb: There has been no problems with her tummy or anything while we upped her pellets...infact she eats like never before at the moment!!

I ordered her some protexin pro fibre (the vet mentioned it) and have been adding this to her morning and nightime pellets...does this sound ok? she eats them fine and hears me shake the tub :lol: Would these have helped her weight gain? Should i be giving them to poppy and daisy too? (both have had previous bouts of stasis...im wondering if it could help as a preventitive?) P&D are both healthy weights and happy bunnies...eat everything and are active.

Thanks!

ETA they all still have apple sticks, leaves and other fresh and dried forage/herbs.

Profibre pellets themselves won't put the weight on, but they can improve the overall conditon of the gut and other organs to assist with them getting all the nutrients they can from the feed.

Similarly, we use them for this reason with Ginger - she can't process everything normally, so just needs a little helping hand with that - Sky-O did/does the same with a few of hers with metabolic issues who have absorbtion issues:wave:

Sounds fine to me!

My Daisy has them daily, she has Dysautonimia (a neurological problem that affects her guts) the Profibre seem to keep her guts pretty stable. I can't really give her any other pellets as they affect her too much.

Back