• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

planning permission *update - withdrawn*

Iv just signed, that really local to me :(

Write an objection to the council then. A petition will have no effect but if you read about the grounds on which you can object to planning applications and make a complaint on that basis they will be forced to consider your objection.

Write an objection to the council then. A petition will have no effect but if you read about the grounds on which you can object to planning applications and make a complaint on that basis they will be forced to consider your objection.
Hi Tim, taking this on board, what can us that are not local do that will be effective? (I must admit I don't usually sign petitions as I haven't seen any results of their effectiveness). Should we also write to the council and if so, what do you suggest is the line we take.

Noise / smell / traffic / pollution are probably the issues which would usually be considered on this type of thing, but it depends very much on location. If there is no-one living nearby then I doubt it would be a problem.
There are minimum standards by DEFRA but they are so pitifully small that I doubt the farm violates them, it would be worth someone checking the plans though.
I don't think there is anything we can do, by all means sign a petition but don't expect much. If you found out some useful information the best bet would be to pass it on to someone locally to object. If there was a serious scandal the local paper might be interested, but I don't think they'd be interested in the moral issues around rabbit meat.

I may be incorrect in saying this but I believe that you don't have to be local to put in an objection to any planning application......

Also, being a complete numpty and not doing facebook either, could someone please find the link to the petition via summat other than FB please??:oops:
Thank you:D

Windowless sheds :cry:

ETA: not that having windows or not having windows will really make that much improvement in what is going to be a miserable existence for those animals. :cry:

Noise / smell / traffic / pollution are probably the issues which would usually be considered on this type of thing, but it depends very much on location. If there is no-one living nearby then I doubt it would be a problem.
There are minimum standards by DEFRA but they are so pitifully small that I doubt the farm violates them, it would be worth someone checking the plans though.
I don't think there is anything we can do, by all means sign a petition but don't expect much. If you found out some useful information the best bet would be to pass it on to someone locally to object. If there was a serious scandal the local paper might be interested, but I don't think they'd be interested in the moral issues around rabbit meat.
Thanks Tim, I'll check the DEFRA website on farmed animals as opposed to pets and see what it states.

A quick browse on the DEFRA website leads to this -

http://www.defra.gov.uk/news/2011/12/06/higher-welfare-eggs/

so how can farmed meat from rabbits need any less consideration?

plus it's interesting that rabbits don't feature on the farmed animal section

http://www.defra.gov.uk/food-farm/animals/

Could that be in our favour as if there's no guidlelines for them as food, the regulations for pets applies?

Here is the document for rabbits:
http://adlib.everysite.co.uk/adlib/defra/content.aspx?doc=124622&id=124623

0.18 m2 per rabbit :(

Back