Thread: Garden/Tree fungus experts

Alpha Buck

Default Garden/Tree fungus experts

Hi,

We have a conifer tree that we cut down 4or so years back, now we just have a stump. However, there's this weird white mould/fungus growing from out of the bark and through one of the roots that sticks out the ground. I poked it with a stick to find out its consistency and its like a hard rubbery feel. Now this tree stump is right next to where all our strawberry, raspberry and over bunny treats growing area. Will this affect the plants? If it is a fungus will the spores get to the leaves of them plants and other trees nearby?

Hopefully this picture will work:

Warren Veteran

I have never seen anything like that before but I would worry about it maybe getting the other plants. Can you kill it somehow maybe white vinegar and baking soda? Just spray it on the fungus?

Alpha Buck

Thanks for the reply. A couple of days ago its developed more and turned into a mushroom/fungus. I've checked all the nearby plants and trees and there no sign of it. So I think its just on this tree. I remembered that last year there was something similar on the same tree. So I think its probably down to the species and the really wet/damp weather we have had. But I'm constantly checking the other plants and the garden just to make sure.

Thanks for the reply.