• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight...

I got a netherland doe yesterday and she needs to gain some weight and she is rather thin, i feed all my other on 'heygate rabbit pellets' and as much hay as they want, shes eating all that. I was thinking about buying some redi-grass for her, would this help her at all?

I got a netherland doe yesterday and she needs to gain some weight and she is rather thin, i feed all my other on 'heygate rabbit pellets' and as much hay as they want, shes eating all that. I was thinking about buying some redi-grass for her, would this help her at all?

Has she had a Vet check to establish if there might be an underlying health issue which could be contributing to her low weight ?

If you introduce Redigrass do so very gradually. It is high in protein and could cause bloat if a Rabbit eats too much of it, especially if they have never had it before.

Has she had a Vet check to establish if there might be an underlying health issue which could be contributing to her low weight ?

If you introduce Redigrass do so very gradually. It is high in protein and could cause bloat if a Rabbit eats too much of it, especially if they have never had it before.

I think im going to give redigrass a miss as she is eating her hay and food fine and she happily ate a carrot today, she went to the vets today and the vets were happy with her health all they said was she needs to gain a little amount of weight :D

Back