• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit stopped eating its food

AwesomeTanya

Young Bun
I have two rabbits, a male and a female who both live outdoors together. Normally I have to fill their dish once a day and it is near empty the next. But these past two days their food has hardly been going. I have seen the male eating but not the female, and she is the one who is normally straight in there. She will eat hay and some brocolli I gave her because I worried. Should I be worried or will she be okay?
Thanks

Fussy eating could be a sign of dental issues especially if they normally wolf down all their pellets. Does she eat plenty of hay?

I don't know how much hay she is eating as there is another rabbit in there with her, but she had no problem with the broccoli

I mean in general is she a big hay eater? I know it's difficult with two but do you every find small, dark poos that could be hers?

She is normally constantly eating. We call her fatty because of it lol. She seems like her normal self, they both do, but the food just isn't disappearing like it used to. I can't see any different poos to normal

This happened to Sonic, he stopped eating for about 6 days. I was quite worried as he normally eats quite a lot, but he was still eating hay, grass and cabbage. He was also still 'himself', cheeky and very active so I wasn't TOO bothered.

I had to take a number of things into account, as I didn't want to take him to the vets unless it was necessary as I know it would have stressed him out, A LOT and probably done more harm than good.

- Is she eating other food? Try tempt her with grass or cabbage.
- Is she drinking?
- Are the poos normal in size, consistency and colour?
- Is she acting normally?
- Is her fur clean and in good condition?
- Are her eyes clear?

It's difficult for someone else to tell you wether or not your rabbit is ill as only you knows them properly. Trust your instinct.

It may just be a phase, but keep an eye on everything, take everything into account and decde what to do :)

I hope everything is ok :)

Normally the pellets are the first to slow down or stopped being eaten if there are the beginnings of spurs on my twos teeth

Back