• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can my Bun eat marrow??

emily..

Warren Scout
my mum went shopping earlier and brought Princess home a marrow, im not sure whether she can eat some??:wave:

I wouldn't have thought so, considering what it is. It's blood and the mushy stuff inside bones. Rabbits are vegetarians so wouldn't eat this normally.

That's my opinion anyway :)

OH :!:

You mean the veg? *peals of laughter*

I thought you meant BONE marrow ... :lol: :oops:

Sorry, hang on ... falls off chair laughing at herself ...

I wouldn't have thought so, considering what it is. It's blood and the mushy stuff inside bones. Rabbits are vegetarians so wouldn't eat this normally.

i mean the vegetable/fruit thing :lol:?x

Love it! :lol:

Marrow itself isn't listed, so maybe not.

However, pumpkin, swede, turnip and squash are listed and hubby reckons they're the same family.

Marrow itself isn't listed, so maybe not.

However, pumpkin, swede, turnip and squash are listed and hubby reckons they're the same family.

Think same family as courgettes - and mine wouldn't give that a second look! :lol:

:lol: I thought the same thing at first when I read the title.

Just tagged on to your post... what about the leaves and stalks of the courgette plant? I have a whole veg patch full of courgette plant leaves and butternut squash plants, it would be fab if the buns could eat all the leaves, it'd keep them going for ages!!!
Also, what about sunflower plants and leaves? I know the seeds are poisonous though...

Back