• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doing up the hutch plans are getting started. UD: Photo added

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
Following on from this thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...bought-the-buns-a-new-hutch.-UD-Bunnies-in-it!

I have to say I am not happy at all with the hutch. It needs a lot of work done to it. So we made a list of what we want done which is;
- Replace the wood floor and lino
- Put a lip around the hole to the run
- Fit removable draft excluders on the mesh
- Insulate and paint the inside
- Extend the run
- Add wood panels to the back of the run

So I thought I would make a thread on doing it up. Plus there will be little bits added to make it more homely for the bunnies.

Last edited:
I would put all this in an email to the makers hun. Even if they don't do anything for you they may take on board a few things when making the next ones.
If they don't get told there are issues they'll never know!

But please, lots and lots of piccies I love seeing how people change their set ups etc:thumb:

I might do or I might leave a review on there page. My boyfriend is really not happy with it at all. I think we are just gonna ask my grandpa to make stuff fo us in future.

I will be taking loads of pictures don't worry. :).

Floor is being done today hopefully. The bottom of the hutch is caving in in the middle so it was like the first thing we need to sort straight away. So lino will be redone and sort the floor. :D.

Oh no, this is such a shame. I think you have the same one as me, and I have found mine fine. With the floor, if it is caving, I would get in touch with the man and tell him as that is not right. Maybe there is a fault with it?

Sorry you are not happy with it, you must be so disappointed :(

Oh no, this is such a shame. I think you have the same one as me, and I have found mine fine. With the floor, if it is caving, I would get in touch with the man and tell him as that is not right. Maybe there is a fault with it?

Sorry you are not happy with it, you must be so disappointed :(

I thought about that but then I read on the site that once I sign for it then it's my problem basically. :/. I am kinda disappointed cause it's made me second guess everything. And now I am constantly trying to find more fault with it cause there is some there in the first place. :(.

I thought about that but then I read on the site that once I sign for it then it's my problem basically. :/. I am kinda disappointed cause it's made me second guess everything. And now I am constantly trying to find more fault with it cause there is some there in the first place. :(.

I think his clause about signing etc is for damage caused during transit. So you are meant to check it over for broken bits before signing. But if the floor is intact but caving in, I woud say that is a fault with the product itself. I would contact him and explain if I was you. The floor should be strong enough to hold the weight of bunnies and it obviously isn't in yours.

I think his clause about signing etc is for damage caused during transit. So you are meant to check it over for broken bits before signing. But if the floor is intact but caving in, I woud say that is a fault with the product itself. I would contact him and explain if I was you. The floor should be strong enough to hold the weight of bunnies and it obviously isn't in yours.
They offer a guarantee, you should claim on that, if they won't, contact trading standards as they have breached the contact as a product has to be fit for purpose.

Well last week we just reinforced the floor and the bit between the run and the hutch. And today we are insulating the hutch. We set aside £100 for doing the hutch this month and it looks like it's not even gonna take £50 to do. :D.

The walls have been insluated!

DSCF0099.jpg

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0102.jpg

Hopefully they will be painted tomorrow and the divider is needing modified so that will be done too.

Back