• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fiba First?

Embo

Young Bun
Hi All,
I'm looking for some new pellets for my bunnies. They are currently on burgess excel. This seems to suit Tiffany fine (she is a hoover though!) but recently Theo has been getting a very ikky bum. Being paranoid about fly strike, and him getting the grumps with me and stressed over me doing his bum cleaning I decided to try something else. After looking here, I noticed excel may be the problem. I have been comparing pellets most of the day, and noticed they vary massively. However, I have found this one called fiba first but not seen it mentioned here. Does anyone use it? I have copied the details here. 30% fibre seems to be the highest I found, but I don't want to overdose them lol!!!!!

This Supreme Fiba First Rabbit feed is veterinary recommended, highly palatable and rich in fibre.
Scientifically formulated to satisfy a rabbits’ natural feeding behaviour, this is a well-rounded and complete feed, made with 30% crude fibre and aims to reduce selective feeding, to give your pet a sufficient diet of healthy nutrients and tasty ingredients.

At £9.99 a bag its not cheap, so before I buy I would appreciate any advice/reccomendations,

Thanks
Emily

i donlt feed fiba first but do feed ss which is by the same company supreme, my buns have no problems witht he ss, supreme brought out the new fiba first a few months ago

I feed half fibrafirst and half science selective. I feed fibafirst as I have heard it is good for teeth and encourages more hay eating and as walter seems a bit 'delicate', I want them on the best diet as possible!

I also crumble fibafirst up and spray it over their hay as I think it encourages them to eat more!

Hope this helps. It is more expensive than SS but thats why I combine the two!!

I use it mixed with Allan and Page, all buns get about 2 of the Fibafirst "nuggets" in the morning and the rest is Allan and Page. They really seem to like them. MY vet recommended them to me for Daisy in particular who has gut problems and dysautonomia, she gets on really well with them.

I use Science Selective for most of my buns, but I do have a pair on Fiba First as they had a tendancy to put on alot of weight even with minimal SS pellets. They have been doing really well on the Fiba First and are a much healthier weight. But I don't know if they would suit bunnies who had difficulty keeping weight on.

I have not used Fiba first, I use Bunny Basics T (Adult) which is timothy hay based. It is approx £14-15 delivered with Animed and I find it is quite good for tummies (I used to have a non-hay eating bun which is why I looked into these). They do sell smaller bags 2,2kg for about £8 I think too. Also try pet supermarket or vets UK as prices vary.

The Oxbow Bunny Basics is I believe a very good food. It's made from Timothy grass whereas SS and FF is made from Lucerne which is Alfalfa grass.

Back