• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little orange and green carrot treats?

jazxo

Mama Doe
Since I signed up on here I've seen you guys giving your rabbits little green and orange carrot shaped treats and was wondering what they are and why are they so popular? My bun gets dried carrot, dried apple, or carrot flavoured drops as a treat when she's been good so I was wondering are these a better alternative?

Yeah sounds like Carrotys to me. I just give them as an alternative to fenugreek crunchies which are bigger and therefore a naughtier treat in my book! :lol: Muesli and Starbuck get a Carroty every day after their meds, this way I ensure they come for their meds every day and take them like good boys :thumb: Probably not recommended to give them one every day - I don't give the others one every day but my indoor boys have sometimes needed a little bit extra (and they are expert beggars!) :lol:

(ETA: mine is not a good example, albeit an honest one :oops:)

Last edited:
Since I signed up on here I've seen you guys giving your rabbits little green and orange carrot shaped treats and was wondering what they are and why are they so popular? My bun gets dried carrot, dried apple, or carrot flavoured drops as a treat when she's been good so I was wondering are these a better alternative?

I'm not sure what treats you are referring to, but please be aware that a lot of the commercial rabbit treats are full of sugar in one form or another (sucrose/fructose etc), none of which is good for a rabbits gut flora. The best treat you can give your rabbit is something found naturally in its diet rather than a manufactured product, so a small piece of fresh carrot or apple or fresh hay is far better for your rabbit.

I'm not sure what treats you are referring to, but please be aware that a lot of the commercial rabbit treats are full of sugar in one form or another (sucrose/fructose etc), none of which is good for a rabbits gut flora. The best treat you can give your rabbit is something found naturally in its diet rather than a manufactured product, so a small piece of fresh carrot or apple or fresh hay is far better for your rabbit.

I agree with this, even though I am a hypocrite for the above reason! Mine do get herbs, leaves and rose petals from the garden as treats instead/as well to help with their tummies, and they always have lots of fresh hay which they dive into!

I totally agree with you some treats on the market are unbelievable but she very very occasionally gets these treats (after a claw clip, vets etc) and with carrot or apple she doesn't get as keen as she does with the naughty treats. Don't worry I'm very careful :) Thanks for the advice.

Buckley likes them, but they're very naughty treats! He gets them when we're in the car so that he learns to associate the car with good things!

Bear and Alice have these, I can bribe them to do ANYTHING with them!
But I break 1 up into 4 pieces so they dont get to many at all!

Mine get them as a treat, or mainly when I feel sorry for Peter coshe gas to put up with moody poppy-ha ha.

I can't remember who, I think my Mum or Dad, said once, 'i've given the bunnies some fish', i was like FISH??? They thought the carrot shape was a fish shape-ha ha.

Mine get them as a treat, or mainly when I feel sorry for Peter coshe gas to put up with moody poppy-ha ha.

I can't remember who, I think my Mum or Dad, said once, 'i've given the bunnies some fish', i was like FISH??? They thought the carrot shape was a fish shape-ha ha.

:lol: when our one expanded i thought it was a dead fish dropped by a bird :oops: im shouted at hubs to come out and clean this dead fish up and he comes out and we were staring at it for ages saying 'but why is it that colour?' then we realised......

needless to say they didn't get any after that!

mine have a fenugreek crunchy when they go to bed :) and one when they come out after we get home from work :)

:lol: when our one expanded i thought it was a dead fish dropped by a bird :oops: im shouted at hubs to come out and clean this dead fish up and he comes out and we were staring at it for ages saying 'but why is it that colour?' then we realised......

Wow! This is scary. Spenser doesn't have them (he's a fenugreek crunchie bun) but my friend's rabbit has them regularly.

Mine will do anything for fenugeek crunchy as well. How many can they have a day?? Mine gets one when he gets up in monring and one for bedtime and another one or two during day. He eats loads of hay and leaves as well.

Mine will do anything for fenugeek crunchy as well. How many can they have a day?? Mine gets one when he gets up in monring and one for bedtime and another one or two during day. He eats loads of hay and leaves as well.

Mine get two a day - one when they come out in the evening (me saying sorry for going to work :roll:) and one when they go back in their shed (only way to get them in)

I agree!

Back