Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rescues, re- introduce yourselves.

Great thread!!!!
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

I glad this was a good idea- but there are still other rescues and sanctuaries who haven't joined in.
    We should all be on here, the well known and the unknown, and any rescue in between.
    www.halfpenny-farm.co.uk

Please consider donating towards our running costs, more info here

Anyone else?

I think Angie from BARC is away for a couple of days

What about Becky from RSPCA Walsall?

NEW friendly Rabbit Forum for over 16's

http://rabbitrendezvous.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by helgalush View Post
    Yes this

I was just wondering if this could be made a sticky at all, so that new members can easily find it and read all about the rescues?
    I think that would be a great idea!

I know there are many more rescues on here- Brinsley, Rainbow rabbits, Greenleaf and probably some we don't know about.
    I think it's good for people to know who is around and what they do.
    www.halfpenny-farm.co.uk

Please consider donating towards our running costs, more info here

Wise Old Thumper

Hi ,

myself and my sister Tracey(mopsmum) run the rabbit and other small animal section of barc ..or Barnsley animal rescue charity .

Its quite a large rescue that also has dogs , cats , some birds and bit of wildlife at times ..

We have kennels and a cattery and aviaries ...but the rabbits and piggies etc are cared for by Tracey and myself at our homes . We also have a good team of bunny and piggie fosterers .

The charity has a non destruct policy and gives priority to animals who are in danger of being pts.

As far as rabbits and piggies are concerned we take in a lot that other local rescues avoid eg the ones with behaviour probs .
    We are often asked to take in rabbits from the rspca but most come to us via vets or as strays.

We neuter , worm and vaccinate rabbits berfore being rehomed . Any rabbit with illness or injury will be nursed back to health before being rehomed ..if it cant be rehomed it will stay with us .

barc has 5 charity shops which we rely on for funding our work and we also do fundraising to help with costs .

Hi,
    I'm Louise and I run Hopper Haven with help from Caroline (BB Mommy) and various other volunteers. Hopper Haven is a sanctuary for rabbits and guinea pigs. We rehomed until 2010 but now all animals are with us for life. All our rabbits (114 at present) have their own large hutch or shed with its own run, or a stable in the barn. The smallest run is 6ft by 6ft; most are much bigger than that. We have lots of elderly and chronicly ill residents and lots who came to us due to aggression issues. Here they all live full and active lives with both loving companions to snuggle with and enemy neighbours to argue with. (Except those who would attack their partners if they see an enemy and have to be kept segregated to preserve their bonds. We have five such pairs And Bo, who seems to think she is a pitbull)

We are a registered charity and pay for feed, bedding and veterinary care from sponsorship and other donations, and from boarding. Sponsors are welcome to visit on Saturday afternoons throughout the year.

I don't have time to post on RU very often any more, but it was on this forum that I gained the confidence to start Hopper Haven back in Jan 2006.
    Last edited by doorkeeper; 16-09-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    Best Wishes
    Louise
    Hopper Haven And Littlefoot Sanctuary
    www.hopperhaven.org.uk
    Home of a Hundred Happy Hoppers
    A Different Smaller Viewpoint,
    The World Below the Knee Joint

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Anyone else?

I think Angie from BARC is away for a couple of days

What about Becky from RSPCA Walsall?
    I feel special Theo I haven't been around much, its been absolutely manic here

I'm Becky, and im a trustee, and the welfare co-ordinator for RSPCA Walsall. We are a small, independent RSPCA branch run by a small group of volunteers, we recieve no funding from the National RSPCA, all money spent by us in the Walsall area has to be raised by us. We have 13 fosterers and a committee of 8 trustees, plus lots of lovely people who help with fundraising events. We have no animal centre, all of our animals are cared for in foster homes. All of our rabbits are housed in 6x2x2ft hutches and piggies are housed in 5x2x2ft hutches, all the animals have access to 6x4x2ft runs.

We generally have around 35 rabbits in our care. We have a no PTS policy, every animal stays with us until they find their forever home (Pistachio bunny has just found his forever home after being with us 2.5 years) We have several bunnies in our care who can't be rehomed to normal homes, so will stay with us forever in foster care. 90% of our rabbits are brought to us via Inspectors, through cruelty cases/abandonments/strays. We do try and help with the large rescue cases on and off the forum where we can, but as we all know spaces are so limited

We neuter, fully vaccinate and worm all rabbits before rehoming and all homes are home checked prior to members of the public meeting the animals.

People have different views on the RSPCA, and i appreciate the main RSPCA can be a pain in the bum, but we really try hard here at the branch. We are known as the 'rabbit' RSPCA branch by many other RSPCA branches close to us We will always help when and where we can x
    Could you offer one of our bunnies in care a forever home?? RSPCA Walsall Bunnies

Wise Old Thumper

Mods, could we make this a sticky?

Please check out my blog, about my soaps, bath bombs and quilt
    http://missbeaujangles.blogspot.com/

I run Underhill Rabbit rescue in Wolverhampton, we're not a massive rescue we only have the room for around 20 rescues at any one time, but I work full time and think that is about my limit to ensure they all have a good care. We have been running about 6/7 years (not too sure when I exactly started) and it was tremendously hard to start with, now I have built it into my day to day life and find everything runs a smoothly.

I neuter and vaccinated every bunny that comes in and I also home check each new home, I very rarely rehome outside the West Midlands unless it's very special circumstances. I am fortunate enough to have built up a good following in and around Wolves which means I get a lot of word of mouth homes and people coming back to adopt bunnies.

There is a pictures of my rescue here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=cdd42284be as you can imagine my neighbours love me All my hutches are built inside walk in runs so all bunnies have access to their own run, the smallest we have are 6 foot by 6.5 ft, the reason being some bunnies are with us for some time while they wait for their new home and I like them to have what would be a "home" type setting while they wait
    Click here to see the bunnies available for homes at Underhill Rabbit Rescue

REW bunnies are home and they're all gorgeous

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014
    Underhill Rabbit Rescue fundraising for Everest page (click here)