• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mischa - 6th Sept 2012 (very long, sorry!)

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Dearest Mischa,

I feel so privileged that you came into my life. I had six wonderful years with you. On the 6th Sept 2006 I found you and on the 6th Sept 2012 I lost you.

When this beautiful ball of grey and white fluff came home with me I had so many preconceptions, as so many people do, and initially I felt unable to bond with you. It’s so incredible to think that after the immensely close bond that we shared.

file.jpg

file-24.jpg

file-1.jpg

You would sit on my desk with me during the day while I did my photography studies. I know now the damage that putting you back outside in a hutch at night did to you and I’m so sorry. You very quickly found your way into my heart, and then into my Dad’s heart and then even into my Mum’s who didn’t really ‘get’ animals.

Then when we went on holiday you went and stayed with Ebony. A gorgeous black bunny and you had your wicked way with her!! Mini was the beautiful result along with her brothers.

Then you became so very ill with severe head tilt. I’ll never forget that day as we drove to the vets as quickly as we could with you wrapped in a towel in my arms. We didn’t even own a carrier but you would never have been comfortable in one anyway. You spent a lot of time in my arms resting on my chest with me while we watched television together. With sheer determination from you, lots of tears from me and your ever present love for food you got through it with barely any residual tilt.

You and Mini very quickly got along well together. We separated you when we weren’t around but I doubt we ever really needed to. The pair of you never showed aggression to each other. When Mini dislocated her hip and had an xray, an op and a spay all in the same week you were there protecting her.

file-3.jpg

Then along came Nutmeg, needing a home. The three of you got along but she never had the relationship with the two of you that you and Mini shared. So Nutmeg got Smudge and you and Mini moved into my room with me. It was wonderful watching the two of you and your close bond. The way you’d both groom each others ears at the same time, heads bobbing up and down in perfect unison!

We tried very hard to get the four of you together but never managed to clear that final hurdle. Some of the pictures from that time are my favourites. You and Smudge clearly got along very well despite the initial hiccup where you chased and one of you sunk your teeth into my hand. I have a scar to prove it which I cherish.

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

You were such a character and always knew just how to get what you wanted! Whether it was sitting at the top of your ramp staring at me until I understood what you were after or sitting on the bed as close to the pellet box as you could or the way you’d stare at me and then at food or the way you’d put your paw on my foot and look up expectantly. You certainly had us wrapped around your paw! It was like almost like I could read your mind. You were such a character. So much more personality than I was ever expecting. You sure proved my preconceptions wrong!

file-21.jpg

file-22.jpg

file-10.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-14.jpg

file-19.jpg

file-11.jpg

You loved human company and never ever refused a fuss, unless there was food around!

Of course food was a constant theme with you and you’d manage to find it even if you weren’t supposed to!

file-2.jpg

file-9.jpg

file-20.jpg

(cont.)

Last edited:
You were also extremely mischievous, which earned you the nickname Mischief. Running off with the metacam syringe, turfing the newspaper out of the carrier or trying to steal my banana milkshake!! Extremely inquisitive, you and Mini would find new ways to cause mischief!

file-15.jpg

file-16.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GU-j9t4QsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwH82Ss9yf0

And of course if there was no mischief, food or fuss to be had there was always sleeping.

file-17.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-18.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-12.jpg

In your latter years you were plagued with reoccurring snuffles and infections. You would always take a flying and usually very, very sudden leap from the vet table into my arms! One day you went the wrong way and managed to headbutt Mark in the chin! You even continued this at home trying one day to leap from bed to my back. You always seemed to have the upmost confidence that I would catch you. You were always so laid back in the car on the journey.

file-23.jpg

Gradually little things started to trouble you. You started to get facial paralysis from one of those ear infections, you also started to drink a lot, spilling a lot of it down the goatee you’d been left with from your head tilt, then you started to be wet round your backend. Then your ears started hurting. You never made any fuss, you hid it so well, the only sign the swellings at the base of your ears.

Then lastly your beautiful heart gave out, a heart so full of love. And now not only is your heart broken but so is mine.

I miss you so much my beautiful baby boy and so does Mini. I’ll never EVER forget you.

file-5.jpg

Last edited:
That's a lovely deserved tribute to mischa a beautiful gorgeous bun.

I hope he is causing as much mischief somewhere else now! Binky free Xx

What a wonderful tribute, you sound like you had six fabulous years with a clearly well loved bun. Binky free sweet, gorgeous Mischa.:love: xx

Back