• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sunflowers

joeydoodle

Warren Scout
Morning :wave: we've got quite a few sunflowers this year and I was wondering what part is edible for buns? Last year I sat picking out the seeds for Joey but I'm sure I read somewhere that they could eat the stalk too? Just wanted to check before I gave it to him. x

Spenser is very fond of the leaves and petals. You can dry the leaves into 'crisps' for later consumption by bunnies. ;) Actually you can dry the petals too, but Spenser doesn't care for them dried.

Spenser is very fond of the leaves and petals. You can dry the leaves into 'crisps' for later consumption by bunnies. ;) Actually you can dry the petals too, but Spenser doesn't care for them dried.

Thanks Susie, I gave him a few leaves the other day but he wasn't overly fussed :? will give him some petals once they've flowered properly. :thumb:

Can I just bump this to ask, is all of the sunflower plant (petals, stalk, leaves) safe then, everything apart from the seeds because they are high in fat - is that right?

Wanted to check before the bunny feast.

Thanks!

Can I just bump this to ask, is all of the sunflower plant (petals, stalk, leaves) safe then, everything apart from the seeds because they are high in fat - is that right?

Wanted to check before the bunny feast.

Thanks!

Absolutely. :thumb: seeds only for the birds & all the rest for the buns!

Back