• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit rescue in Aberdeen.

No need to apologise - its what we're here for ;-)

As long as we have a clear note of anything that has or needs done for each of the ones when they arrive we'll sort everything out for them.

If there's anything we could be doing in the meantime to help out (from a far) let me know.

Thanks for the update will be collecting these bunnys on sunday for Halfpennys .Looking forward to meeting Halfpenny and all her animals up there I might just not come home . And stay up there.

Dorita and Megan were vet checked today- both looking good. The only comment was that Dorita has less muscle on one leg, but doesn't think it is a concern and that access to exercise will help it.
So Jennifer, a bit aggressive at the moment ( although a bit of confident handling and neutering will fix her I think)
Dorita, Megan, Ola, Thumper, Froo-froo:)roll:) and Bubbles are going to rescue and will hopefully find good homes. All are about 3 years old, except for Bubbles who is 5. Apart from Jennifer, they are easy to handle, and are all gorgeous. Please if anybody wants to help them donate to bunnylane rabbit sanctuary and fairly beloved rabbit rescue.

Thanks everyone who is wishing these rabbits well .......Jennifer will be coming here as a foster for Fairlybeloved...To see if she will calm down a little with daily handling and being spayed if not she will become of the sanctury rabbits as we call it the bootcamp bunnies. The rest are getting dropped of At Davids tomorrow evenning when we get back down.

Will postt pictures of Jennifer when she gets settled here ......I am just greatful that I could help these wee ones ...And hope to help the rest in the future so tomorrow there & of the 17 leavving and I feel we should all continue to help Halfpenny with the rest if we can ......So any ideas on fundraising would be greatful .And all donation would help Halfpenny and Fairlybeloved would be well welcomed ,

Thankfully the bunnies have arrived safely at Bunnylane and Fairly Beloved, I hope they get new homes very soon and have happy lives.
If anybody wants to help these buns, please support Bunnylane and Fairly beloved, there will be a fair bit of expense to get them all neutered and vaccinated and Debbie and Steve ( bunnylane/ collielover) must have spent a fortune on fuel to come and collect them from here as well as spending the whole day on the road- they must have been driving for over 8 hours today!

Good to hear they are all safely arrived at Bunnylane and Fairly Beloved. Well done on starting these bunnies on their way to better lives. I will look into making a donation - don't have a lot spare at the moment, but the rescue of these buns has really moved me.

Bunnies have settled in well. We gave them a wee bit of run time after their long journey before settling them into their beds for the night.

We'll post some photos on our Facebook/site probably tomorrow now, and we will make an effort to keep folk on the forum up to date too.

Should anyone wish to contribute towards their care it would of course be appreciated and you can find details of how to do this via our website.

Can I ask if anyone wants to send a donation for these rabbits that they send it to David and Feona at fairlybeloved as the rabbit I have in my care is under fostercare from them.

She has been very slow to settle and I must admit has had very much confused with some of the ways she is acting.

It has took me till last night to get her moving and hoping about on her own freewill and that was taken her out the pen and putting her in the middle of my hall floor and livingroom floor.

She is in a dog cage with a pen around it .She sits in the same spot and wont move to go to a food bowl or water bottle but if you put food infront of her she will eat it. Even putting it a few inches away she wont make any effort to move to get it. She does not move atall in the pen or cage . I have also tried her out in a run and she sat in the same spot for two hours and did not move or tray to eat any grass around her

This Girl is going to take alot of time ect to trust humans and act like a bunny again.She is a little less agressive than she was when she first arrived and will remain as a housebunny for the forseable future here with the hope one day she will be able to be rehomed.

I will post more about her in the next few weeks.

Aw poor baby. It sounds as though she doesn't know what to do with all this space she's now being given.
Would it help to put her in something smaller and gradually make it bigger? To help her adjust?

Can I ask if anyone wants to send a donation for these rabbits that they send it to David and Feona at fairlybeloved as the rabbit I have in my care is under fostercare from them.

She has been very slow to settle and I must admit has had very much confused with some of the ways she is acting.

It has took me till last night to get her moving and hoping about on her own freewill and that was taken her out the pen and putting her in the middle of my hall floor and livingroom floor.

She is in a dog cage with a pen around it .She sits in the same spot and wont move to go to a food bowl or water bottle but if you put food infront of her she will eat it. Even putting it a few inches away she wont make any effort to move to get it. She does not move atall in the pen or cage . I have also tried her out in a run and she sat in the same spot for two hours and did not move or tray to eat any grass around her

This Girl is going to take alot of time ect to trust humans and act like a bunny again.She is a little less agressive than she was when she first arrived and will remain as a housebunny for the forseable future here with the hope one day she will be able to be rehomed.

I will post more about her in the next few weeks.

I really hoped she would have perked up by now. Have you found out if she is blind or not yet. I'm sure she is just totally overwhelmed by the space, I think she has become agoraphobic. Thanks for looking after her, and trying to give her the life she deserves- its so sad because she is such a beautiful bunny.

The others are still settling, Domino the smallest boy still cannot get up his ramp ( worried about hind leg/ back deformity), I'm beginning to think Mistletoe is blind too as well as having some tummy issues. Olga is pretty aggressive, and Ebony is hard to handle but needs very hands on work because of her poop pocket. I'm sure Snuffles is blind too, and need to get her snotty nose sorted. The twins are mental, but they will settle I'm sure with neutering.
I have seen the pictures of the others and they seem really happy and to be enjoying the space, the only thing I can think of about Jennifer is where she was housed- not able to sit up and no view, it must be totally overwhelming to be able to move.

All these bunnies still need to be vaccinated and neutered so as Debbie says, if you want to help, please support Fairly Beloved Rescue.:D

How do you tell if a bunny is blind rather than just having poor sight?

Poor Jennifer, but she is in good hands. Some of the bird bunnies rescued through Honeybunnies last year were kept in carriers, and had issues with space. I think quite a few of them adjusted well in time, so hopefully Jennifer will too.

I have spoke to Jill at honeybunnies and have took on a few of ideas ...She isn't blind ...Jill had a bunny in years ago what actedd the same and it took time to get it moving about itself ...so we are taken things slowlly with her here

Back