• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cancelled see post 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We have an offer of a home for one of our bunnies, but it is way up in Scotland.
Now 2 things...
first we will make sure it's a bun less likely to get stressed by the travelling

and 2nd we hope there can be a stop over on the way

"if" this can go ahead we need transport from Leicester up to Inverness :shock::shock:

if anyone can help with part of the journey and maybe an overnight stop for bun please reply

as said this is tentaive at present..and to make clear lady has looked locally and cannot find a doe

Last edited:
I would need to speak to Mike but we could do an overnight just outside Aberdeen and possibly do part of the journey- if weekend we could take up to Inverness on a Saturday afternoon.

Is the lady looking for something specific- has she tried the Sspca in the highlands and Aberdeen?

I could do York/Wetherby Northward to Durham/Newcastle area. I could do an overnight but I am probably too close to you for that to be appropriate.

I could do glasgow to inverness and overnight or break in Glasgow. My folks are in inverness so we are up north from time to time. I know Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care who i foster for have many buns right now including does. Bunny Buddies would be another Scottish rescue to try.

Depending on route, Mike could collect from Edinburgh, overnight in Aberdeen and Inverness on a Saturday afternoon.

Good grief, I knew they didn't neuter but it's scary how little their knowledge is generally, and potentially they will have the right to judge the rest of us if licensing rescues become law!!!

thank you all for your offers
We need to try to set a date, the sooner the better
could well be Jinty who is going to become a Scottish lass

so when can anyone do this?

are you going to the rwaf conference? I could possibly take one from there up to edinburgh on the train, but someone would have to pick her up from edinburgh. has she tried fairly beloved or buddies? im sure there must be a spayed doe between us :lol: also see if she can give paws here a phone (they are in edinburgh also) as I know they are struggling to shift rabbits atm (0131 4477464)

Mike could do any week day, with a bit of warning to Edinburgh ( except the week beginning the 17th of September) and we could then transport her to Inverness on the next Saturday.

Jill. I'm not sure how quickly you need this but a friend of mine from Shrewsbury and myself are meeting up to go to Loch Ness. It's not until the 27th of next month however but means pretty much the bulk of the journey will be covered in one go. I'm sure if I asked Julie she wouldn't mind a bunny coming along for the ride if needs be.

I am going to the Isle of Mull on the 9th of September. I am based in Middlesbrough. I will be setting off early on the Sunday morning to go to Oban..If I can help, I will. I am going with my parents so I will have to pass it by them before saying saying a definite yes to anything. They are happy for me to offer help as long as it isn't too far out of our way and doesn't interrupt the journey too much.

Hello all :wave:

I wasn't going to say anything until I knew for sure, but not being able to join in the postings wasn't working. So, this was for me :D for a ladybun to join Harris. Sadly despite a lot of bonding attempts, Arran would just not accept Harris. It meant Harris was becoming aggressive towards Arran too. Harris loves Islay and Jura (the girls), so I feel confident he would love a girl to join him in marriage :lol:

Jinty was my choice, however I know someone else has eyes on her, and that's fine by me, if Honeybunnies don't feel she is suitable for travelling so far.

All I am looking for is a youngish female (Harris is 9 months), but she doesn't have to be the same age as Harris. I just don't one that is much older so she dies sooner leaving him on his own and I have to do bonding again. Colour doesn't matter, nor breed, although I would prefer a smaller breed (Lionhead, Mini Lop, Nethie), and nothing giant!

I can travel to Inverness, and will be in Inverness on 12th September. If transport could be arranged for then, that would be brilliant, but I'm just grateful for anyone able to do some transportation.

I'm sure some of you don't like me, and that's OK :lol: But all of my bunnies are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, have a huge shed and free range every day. I love them to bits and I just want Harris to have some company.

Making a bunny quad by Niseag, on Flickr

Last edited:
I know it's nowhere near as far but Jinty was fine in the car for 2 hours when I helped with the bunnyrun down to Honeybunnies in the first place. She travelled much better than our rabbits do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back