• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving House!

pinksparkles

Young Bun
At the moment my two bunnies are house bunnies, with a large indoor pen made from these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RABBIT-LA...4?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item5d2ed21298

In October we are moving house, and the bunnies and guineas are going to have to go in the garage :( as there is not enough space for them to have a decent sized pen in the house. Will the pen they are in now be suitable for a garage - I'm concerned that the draughts will get in and make them cold :( . I have the same issue with the guineas.

I've considered purchasing wooden hutches, then extending their pens so that I can fit the hutch inside the pen and then they have access to the warm hutch but also their free space as before, but is this a good idea? Does anyone have a better suggestion that I've not thought of?

Sorry for the questions, but I've not encountered this before!

Thanks in advance xx

Will the garage be used for anything else ie storing items or will the rabbits have the whole thing to themselves?

If they have it all to themselves then I wouldn't bother with a pen and just let them freerange. All they would need is a hideyhole filled with hay for warmth on the colder nights.

Hi lily, thanks for your reply :)

The garage will have some other bits in, so they do need a pen really. I'm just worried they're going to be cold after having always been in the house since babies.

if you are going with the idea of hutches you could save money by building your own as they won't need weather proofing if the hutches are staying in the garage,then you can build to the size that you want, you might want to consider some sort of heating to go in there during the winter months as garages can get terribly cold, are they going to have free range of the garage? if so you may need some kind of gate near the garage door to stop them escaping when the garage door is opened and you have probably thought of this but please remember any oil or petrol stains on the garage floor will need to be thoroughly removed if it's going to be in the bunny area, but a garage bunny room can be done quite easily :):) x

QUOTE=pinksparkles;5495916]At the moment my two bunnies are house bunnies, with a large indoor pen made from these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RABBIT-LA...4?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item5d2ed21298

In October we are moving house, and the bunnies and guineas are going to have to go in the garage :( as there is not enough space for them to have a decent sized pen in the house. Will the pen they are in now be suitable for a garage - I'm concerned that the draughts will get in and make them cold :( . I have the same issue with the guineas.

I've considered purchasing wooden hutches, then extending their pens so that I can fit the hutch inside the pen and then they have access to the warm hutch but also their free space as before, but is this a good idea? Does anyone have a better suggestion that I've not thought of?

Sorry for the questions, but I've not encountered this before!

Thanks in advance xx[/QUOTE]

Back