• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cage chewing

lovelybun

Warren Scout
My two rabbits chew their cages like crazy!!:( I can't even sleep past six 'O clock 'cause they wake me up with their chewing( they won't stop until I give them their food) I dont even need an alarm clock!!!:evil::bunny: What i am more worried about is their teeth because they chew so hard that I fear they will break a tooth or or hurt themselves some other way!!!
Help!!!:(

two of my bunnies also rattle their bars early for feeding time...they are inside at night in a dog pen which i set up in a rectangular shape but it ends up being in all sorts of shapes when i come down!

What are your bunnies kept in and do they get plenty of time out in the garden or around the house....it sounds like they are either bored or just want their breakfast!

They are bored out of their little minds and want out. Rabbits often do this when caged.

What kind of accomodation do they have, where do they live, i assume by your wording that they live in your bedroom?

Rabbits are crepuscular, meaning they are most active at dusk and dawn, so that timing would be about right.

They are bored out of their little minds and want out. Rabbits often do this when caged.

What kind of accomodation do they have, where do they live, i assume by your wording that they live in your bedroom?

Rabbits are crepuscular, meaning they are most active at dusk and dawn, so that timing would be about right.

Chris is in a dog pen and Maddy is in a big cage. I let them out and play with them every day.:D The problem is that everytime i let them out they run around and look for food! I AM NOT STARVINIG THEM. RATHER FEEDING THEM TOO MUCH!!!:lol: SOOO GREEDY!!:(:lol:

Is it their pellets they look for...my bunnies love their veg and pellets and one of mine knows when I'm in the kitchen and practically climbs up my leg begging for food! I take it they have hay all the time though. Have they got toys and things to amuse them?

I do know what you mean by waking you up though.... the pair I have in the house rattle the bars even when their cage is open! They rearranage the pen into different shapes and all sorts!

Chris is in a dog pen and Maddy is in a big cage. I let them out and play with them every day.:D The problem is that everytime i let them out they run around and look for food! I AM NOT STARVINIG THEM. RATHER FEEDING THEM TOO MUCH!!!:lol: SOOO GREEDY!!:(:lol:

Thing is, rabbits need around 40 sq ft ALL the time, esp dawn and dusk when they are most active. That is more like an entire room than any cage.

Mine used to rattle the bars of their dog crate which was never shut. It's a rabbity thing. If something is in the way they will try to move it. How do you react when they rattle it? Fuss them, feed them? If so then they will only do it more and more and more as it gets them what they want. Rabbits are very smart! If something results in food or attention they will repeat it.

Back