• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help sorting out some bunnies in Huddersfield- Hutch/Run Setup Donation Required.

Hi,

I had a phone call from a lady this evening (a friend of Sues Rabbit Rescue) who is in need of some help and advice regarding the welfare of some rabbits belonging to a friend of hers.

I'm trying to find a hutch/run setup that can be donated to a lady who is keeping rabbits in a tiny hutch setup with babies. Her friend believes she doesn't know any better and wants to help improve the situation before making any decisions to report her for cruelty.

The male/female rabbit keep getting pregnant and she gives the babies away, according to her friend.

One of the babies is ill according to her friend so we have agreed to sort out veterinary treatment and also neuter the male to prevent further litters.

The rabbits are currently being fed on a diet of muesli and lettuce diet without any hay.

We are sending some welfare leaflets and some pellets and would appreciate if anyone has a hutch/run setup if this could be made available for this lady who is happy to come and collect on behalf of her friend so that once the male has been neutered- the male/female can be re-bonded ( at an appropriate date) without the risk of further litters.

The lady is going to ask her friend to sign over the rabbits to us and we will require 3 foster/rescue placements for the babies.

If anyone is able to help in please pm or if the inbox is full email rehome@greenleafanimalrescue.org.uk

Thanks,
Jane

Last edited:
Hi,

I had a phone call from a lady this evening (a friend of Sues Rabbit Rescue) who is in need of some help and advice regarding the welfare of some rabbits belonging to a friend of hers.

The male/female rabbit keep getting pregnant and she gives the babies away to pets at home.

One of the babies is ill so we have agreed to sort out veterinary treatment and also neuter the male to prevent further litters.

The rabbits are currently being fed on a diet of muesli and lettuce diet without any hay.

Thanks,
Jane

:censored: If the bit I've bolded is true, shame on P@H for purchasing rabbits from a source where they don't know the genetic history of the rabbits.

BTW Jane - I'm not questioning you but we have to be careful with potentially inflamatory comments when they're unsubstantiated

Back