Thread: Lion-Lop Hair Cut Question

Default Lion-Lop Hair Cut Question

Hello

Bit of a stupid question to owners of Lion-Lops: do you trim their hair? And if so, how do you go about trimming around the face without cutting whiskers by accident??

Ricky lets me trim his fur (he is *very* hairy) around neck, back and bottom without problems, but I'm terrified of going near his little face. He has so much hair around his eyes and chops, it seems to get in his way - but I don't know if it should be trimmed or best left alone?

Beau Belle

In a world where you can be anything, be kind x

Rosie is a lion head cross but I don't think she would sit still long enough for me to cut her nicely
    Although she does get this skirt around her bum and I wouldn't mind getting rid of that, just to help keep it all nice and tidy

Looking at the pics in your sig, Rosie doesn't seem to have a particularly furry face? Ricky is so hairy, I think it must bother him.

Beau Belle

Warren Veteran

hiyaim on my phon at the moment but ill pop on in a bit and give you some tips.
    i have 5 lionheads of all varying fur types one in particular is very fluffy.
    xxx

Wise Old Thumper Mrs. Bunnykins's Avatar

I don't have to do a thing..................Estelle nibbles off Frankie's stray fur!!!!!

Warren Veteran

Ahhh hah, right on the main laptop now.

we tend not to trim our Bunnies fur unless it is needed,
    Guessing by what your saying your little fella is double fuzzy?
    So id just shorten the fur around his eyes VERY CAREFULLY!!
    i also remove some of the longer fur around the bums to avoid urine getting in there fur.

Id use proper hairdressing scissors, but please be very carefull when trimming round the eyes as its very fiddly and i only suggest doing it IF your bunnies fur is in its eyes.
    My manny's fur is forever Poking his eyeballs, and hes already got naff eye sight

Wise Old Thumper

I used to trim my fluffy bunny's fur down his nose so that it didnt poke him in his eyes but that was only bit i cut
    Chris
    Mum to Dylan the lionhead, and Oscar the cat!
    We will never forget you Simba, Nala, Fifi and Daisy xxxx

Forum Buddy

Fudge is a double maned lion-lop (apparently a lop, but he's got up ears), I don't trim fur as he never seems to need it.

Miffy on the other hand is a Lion nethie cross and her fur is so long, she has a regular haircut, I trim all her skirt off, all the fluffy bits round her tummy and front legs and very careful across her eyes and round her mouth
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thank you! I'll give it a *very* careful go..!

Beau Belle