• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

runarround tunnel system?anyone got?

belgian2

Alpha Buck
I'm interested in investing in the rabbit runround system to connect my rabbits small safe run to the greenhouse for winter when free roaming not so easy or ideal.
does anyone on here have it? is it fox/rat proof? does the end that goes onto wire run fit secure so cannot be ripped off by fox? will biggish rabbits fit in it? After sad loss of my hare I now have 2 young brother hares and they will probably be fairly big 3.5-4ish kg and I don't want to spend all that money then discover they can't fit down the tunnels full grown!

I was thinking go cheaper and do diy drainpipes but I like the fitting to weldmesh plate that company do as it looks more secure as I do not want to have to shut them out of their small safe run at night which I'd have to do if it were a diy effort.

ps my new boys are gorgious- they aren't sam and seeing how fit they are makes me sad at how crippled poor sam was but they are lovely and we love them already
1.jpg

3.jpg

d.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

We have a burrow pipe connecting the hutch and run. As far as I know it is fox and rat proof. It is supposed to accommodate buns up to 5kg but you are best asking the people themselves; they are very helpful with any queries.
Your boys really are gorgeous - fabulous glossy coats!

thank you. I will have a chat to them but its good to hear from people who have bought the system.
my boys are Jake and Elwood- after the blues brothers:D
5 months old and booked in for vet for castration next week provided weather has cooled down a bit. Jake is bunny B, Elwood bunny A--- the letters in ears are not perminent! breeder had marked them as she was making sure didn't send wrong ones but it is thankfully wearing off.

I have a den pipe from runaround which much bigger than the tunnel. It connects my shed to a runaround binky box. I was very impressed with the quality of all the products I bought, everything feels very robust and strong, although I have only being using it for about a month. I can't see a fox being able to remove the tunnel, unless he comes with a spanner, screwdriver and a friend to help :lol:

Parsnipbun has some tunnels which connect her massive hutches to the inside of her house! Im sure she has posted pictures on here somewhere. Also Sky-O has some tubes connecting some of her hutches!

thank you all. thats really helpful. I won't be doing it for a while as they have garden to play in over summer (and I'm broke!) but I think for the nastier weather over winter when lawn waterlogged/frozen it would be wonderful for them to be able to pop over to nice big greenhouse for a play when they feel like it. Really good to hear others experiences .

The tunnels should be fairly rat proof but the mesh connectors, runs etc won't be as the spacing is too wide.

Back