• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run Cleaning?

Castor

Young Bun
Hi all,
Well I have finally finished my shed and run combo and my two new rescue rabbits are enjoying the extra space. But I have a question, the run (7.5' x 5') is non-movable and is on grass with wire mesh under the turf, do I need to clean out the rabbits droppings from the run and if so how, as the grass is still quite long? I'm worried that the droppings might attract flies to the rabbits.
Hope someone can help

hello

i would want to move them not to risk parasites and just because it would offend me. Has the run got a lid? I assume not. If you made ur run, my suggestion would be to have another look at it, you need some sort of door or access so you can at least reach in and pick up the poo with a disposable glove - the only way to collect them in long grass me thinks.

Hi. My new run area is on grass and I do daily poop collections, can't get it all but I wouldn't want it to build up. They also have a litter tray in the shed and one outside which they mainly use so there's not too much to collect. :D

Maybe litter train them and place it in the run :) it will make it a lot easier to clean :p

Hi, thanks for the advice.
The run is a large Binky box from runaround so it does have a lid and a door, (and linked to the shed by a bridge tube) but to get in I have to climb in through the door and then crawl around as the run is only 30'' high, removing the lid on a daily basis would be impractical, but access is possible.
They are already showing good progress with using their litter tray inside the shed so I think I'll put a second one in the run, to see if that helps. Otherwise daily poop collections I think!
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Back