• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay suppliers around York

catherine09

Mama Doe
So I'm in a bit of a pickle - the HayForPets bag that I thought was going to last until I moved home is nearly out, and I need some hay for the piggies to last me until Saturday. Does anyone know of any pet shops around York that sell decent hay? I want to avoid P@H as much as I can.

The Range at Monks Cross (our preferred bedding hay but they both eat it), Pets Pantry on Jockey Lane (is ok, but they had a mouldy bag the other week which I took back into the shop), Fulford Pet supplies (next to Iceland on Fulford Road, bit dusty but smells ok). The place between Copmanthorpe and Bish also sells hay but have never bought any from there.

The Range at Monks Cross (our preferred bedding hay but they both eat it), Pets Pantry on Jockey Lane (is ok, but they had a mouldy bag the other week which I took back into the shop), Fulford Pet supplies (next to Iceland on Fulford Road, bit dusty but smells ok). The place between Copmanthorpe and Bish also sells hay but have never bought any from there.

Hi

Thanks for reply. I was getting desperate so ended up going to Wilko's at clifton moor. Thought they would turn noses up but it's actually very nice and they've tucked right in...not bad for £1.75!!

Is that Foss Feeds? I'm using them now since the Blue Barn ran out, and they're pretty good.

Glad you're sorted for hay now xx

This is useful info for me too as I live in York.

I was wondering if any of the farm shops round here do hay? It'd probably be cheaper than a petshop.

hi :wave:
Only just spotted this thread, but I get big bags of hay for a long time from a farmer on New Lane just off the A64 to Scarborough near the Hopgrove roundabout. They are £1.00 and my buns love it!
You can see the sign on the roadside :D

Back