Thread: Hay suppliers around York

Mama Doe

Default Hay suppliers around York

So I'm in a bit of a pickle - the HayForPets bag that I thought was going to last until I moved home is nearly out, and I need some hay for the piggies to last me until Saturday. Does anyone know of any pet shops around York that sell decent hay? I want to avoid P@H as much as I can.
    Bunny mum to Jessie & Woody, Noah & Skye and not forgetting Hettie & Sweep who live with their grandad but visit often
    Piggy mum to Marley, Mabel, Molly, Maisie and Peaches

Looking for welfare orientated boarding in Hampshire? Visit www.chestnutcorner.co.uk or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/chestnutcorner

The Range at Monks Cross (our preferred bedding hay but they both eat it), Pets Pantry on Jockey Lane (is ok, but they had a mouldy bag the other week which I took back into the shop), Fulford Pet supplies (next to Iceland on Fulford Road, bit dusty but smells ok). The place between Copmanthorpe and Bish also sells hay but have never bought any from there.

Mama Doe

Quote Originally Posted by RedFraggle View Post
    The Range at Monks Cross (our preferred bedding hay but they both eat it), Pets Pantry on Jockey Lane (is ok, but they had a mouldy bag the other week which I took back into the shop), Fulford Pet supplies (next to Iceland on Fulford Road, bit dusty but smells ok). The place between Copmanthorpe and Bish also sells hay but have never bought any from there.
    Hi

Thanks for reply. I was getting desperate so ended up going to Wilko's at clifton moor. Thought they would turn noses up but it's actually very nice and they've tucked right in...not bad for 1.75!!
    Bunny mum to Jessie & Woody, Noah & Skye and not forgetting Hettie & Sweep who live with their grandad but visit often
    Piggy mum to Marley, Mabel, Molly, Maisie and Peaches

Looking for welfare orientated boarding in Hampshire? Visit www.chestnutcorner.co.uk or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/chestnutcorner

Quote Originally Posted by RedFraggle View Post
    Is that Foss Feeds? I'm using them now since the Blue Barn ran out, and they're pretty good.

Glad you're sorted for hay now xx

Lots of beautiful buns available for adoption at Acomb Rabbit Rescue

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Helen View Post
    Is that Foss Feeds? I'm using them now since the Blue Barn ran out, and they're pretty good.

Glad you're sorted for hay now xx
    Yes, 10 points Captain H (i couldn't for the life of me think of it's name!)

Alpha Buck

This is useful info for me too as I live in York.

I was wondering if any of the farm shops round here do hay? It'd probably be cheaper than a petshop.

hi
    Only just spotted this thread, but I get big bags of hay for a long time from a farmer on New Lane just off the A64 to Scarborough near the Hopgrove roundabout. They are 1.00 and my buns love it!
    You can see the sign on the roadside