• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed of our rabbit

Sgj231

New Kit
Hi all

We have had our rabbit Apollo for 2 months now at the time the store could not confirm her breed.

She is now 5 months old and weights 1.8kgs but only was 750g when we got her.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Matthew

Welcome to the site :)

A photo would be preferable because of the wide variety of breeds, but generally a photo when the bunny is an adult, and fully grown can provide the best indicator. Chances are though, that if the breed was 'unknown' then she's a cross breed.

Hello and welcome to RU.:wave:

Photos of your bunny would help us decide which breed it is.....also we just lurve bunny photos!!!!!:thumb::love:

Hopefully this picture will help

IMG_0054.jpg

i know she is a lop but im hoping she gets to around 2.5 to 3kgs

Regards

Matthew

I thought German lop to start. The reason I was checking is that she is getting a new friend this week a French lop I just want to make sure she will not be completely dwarfed by him :)

Thanks

At five months I would expect a German lop to be much bigger. I would be thinking a dwarf lop, that is not show quality, to be honest. Absolutely beautiful though!

The more I think about it she is almost certainly a hybrid of some type. Guess we will just have to wait and see how big she gets.

Any advice on large and medium/small rabbits living together. Of course we are going to introduce them slowly and we have two cages next to each other so they can get familar before they are allowed move to some neutral ground to fully introduce.

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Matthew

It just meas you have to watch bonding more carefully, but big-little bonds can work well if the personalities match :)

Back