Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do your indoor buns' make your house smell?

My rabbit room smells of 'Rabbit' that's the only way I can describe it. It's not a bad smell though!

No. If they do start to wiff it's usually us late changing the tray.
    "All animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it." -- Samuel Butler

Nope, no smell here either. When I put fresh hay out I can smell that for a short while and if I'm right near his cage I can smell when he's had a wee for a minute or so afterwards but nothing else.
    Ellie & Stephen
    Your paw prints will forever be on my heart.

Mummy loves you.

OH said last night "you know how babies smell ofJohnsons stuff?"...... "Our room smells of baby bunny now" not entirely sure what he was on about I could just smellhay but according to him baby bunnies smell different

The litter tray smells if I dont clean it out, but other than that, no. My bedroom smells like hay, but thats a nice smell.

My boy Barney used to smell when he was unneutered, he smelled of male bunny sex hormones which smells like weed, and I also find shavings really stink - but other than that, no.

I don't think so, although I'm used to hay smell. When I take him to my parents I sometimes notice it smells a little "bunny" first thing but that's usually because the door to the room he stays in is closed overnight but I clean his tray and it's fine. I don't notice it here. I think it's mostly just hay smell.

Wise Old Thumper

When I had unneutered males living in my room it stunk to high heaven because all were scenting everywhere. Now all are neutered, we only get a smell if one is ill. Mostly we smell of hay.
    PLEASE DONíT QUOTE MY POSTS IN ANY THREADS I START. Thank you

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

no it just smells of hay here. and rabbits and piggies, that smell they have. it's not a horrible smell. alot of delivery men have commented to my o/h that our house smells like fresh grass though. (that's thanks to the lovely hay for pets hay by the way! )

my mum did say i smell of rabbit though, i don't think she meant it to be a compliment but i took it as one anyway because they smell lovely.
    Guinea pig slave to - Lily and Piglet

Rabbits loved and missed - Bisc, Matt, Smudge and Patch
    Guinea pigs loved and missed - Popcorn, Mollie, Benjie, Eddie, Maisie and Chesney

Young Bun

hi, ive found that its smelly for a while after he has done a wee then ok, i change litter tray twice a day and hope that my house doesnt smell and im just used to it, but i adore the scent of freshly done out cages, find it theraputic.x

well I used to keep horses and when I got the buns I remember thinking mmm it smells like home again. It is a farmy smell but I like it and don't find it unpleasant at all. My mum hates it though

My Babies