• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your indoor buns' make your house smell?

I don't think so, although I'm used to hay smell. When I take him to my parents I sometimes notice it smells a little "bunny" first thing but that's usually because the door to the room he stays in is closed overnight but I clean his tray and it's fine. I don't notice it here. I think it's mostly just hay smell.

this sums it up for us as well -

Mine did! I had to have them both inside for a couple of months at one point, and whenever someone came into our house they would comment on it smelling like a farm :lol: . Their litter boxes were changed twice a day....but I dont know. Maybe it was because they were in a wooden hutch and they may have peed on the wood or something :lol:. Do you think you're just immune to it now? I had mine in my bedroom for a few days as well and it smelt so bad for about a week afterwards. I can't explain it..it was like a farm when it rains :lol: And it's not the rabbits themselves that smell...they don't really smell like anything :lol:

maybe you used pine shavings or swadust nstead of aubiose or similar non-wood based stuff? - that tends to make any 'wee' smell worse instead of better .

Back