Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do your indoor buns' make your house smell?

Default Do your indoor buns' make your house smell?

Mine did! I had to have them both inside for a couple of months at one point, and whenever someone came into our house they would comment on it smelling like a farm . Their litter boxes were changed twice a day....but I dont know. Maybe it was because they were in a wooden hutch and they may have peed on the wood or something . Do you think you're just immune to it now? I had mine in my bedroom for a few days as well and it smelt so bad for about a week afterwards. I can't explain it..it was like a farm when it rains And it's not the rabbits themselves that smell...they don't really smell like anything

Not really, except for hay and the cat litter when it's fresh. Well unless the little gits have been peeing in strange places again

Though I like farms... so maybe I just don't notice!

I often have sick, ill or boarding rabbits indoors and always find it amazing that they don't smell. I have an honest mum who comes to visit and doesn't approve of rabbits in the house but even she admits there is no pong. I think it was most likely the wood which had be marked and then smelling.

Hi! If you need help with anything, please send me, or one of the other forum buddies a message and we will do our best to help.

No smell here from my 4, I clean the litter tray every 4 to 5 days. It has Megazorb in which is really good at sucking up moisture and trapping smells

Not at all. I have four indoors, two in my bedroom and the only smell is from the hay. They get cleaned out every other day and I use newspaper and hay, nothing else.

Are your bunnies uneutered? Unneutered bunnies can really stink sometimes.

To be honest I would be very worried if there was a 'wet farmyard smell' as that can be indicative of a health problem with the Rabbits

''Realise deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the 'now' the primary focus of your life'' ~ Eckhart Tolle

One Medicine, for Human's and Animals https://www.humanimaltrust.org.uk/

Not that i'm aware of!

I have 2 inside and i can sometimes smell the boys wee every so often but he isn't neutered yet so hoping he will stop smelling so much once he's had the snip! It's mainly when i've done a big clean up of their cages, he's abit precious about his things being touched so then goes round after me tearing all the paper back up and scooping the hay to one side

No smell here either.

The kids make more of a smell than my Rolo.

Hes fully free range too. He lives in the dining room at night or if we go out during the day, and uses his litter tray. although, he does have a fondness for weeing in the bathroom! But vet thinks its cos he can smell all the other wee smells and he thinks that is the toilet! Which, is right...it is! Thank goodnes for lino!

But no, house smells like a normal house.

Rach

The only smell is from fresh hay (which is a smell I love). If I stick my nose right in the litter tray when its well used then there is a whiffy pee smell but not wafting through the house or anything! Even my dad and stepmum (who think Chloe would be better in a stew ) haven't said anything when theyve visited and believe me they would mention it if there was.....every 5 mins!

Its probably as you had a wooden hutch and some pee had soaked in