• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bo 10/11/05 - 12/06/12

Canidae

Warren Scout
Bo was put to sleep last night.

His incontinence was getting worse by the day and the vets had no way to help that. I have bathed him daily for months now and it wasn't enough, the multiple baths he needed wouldn't have been fair on him. While before he was such a friendly bun who would run to see me he started to run away from me and even become aggressive which he had never been like before.

His legs were wobbly and the vet thought it might have been arthritis but it could have been due to the urine scald that he kept getting despite my bathing/hairdrying and putting on cream each day.

She offered me metacam which would keep him comfortable for a while but it would have come to this sooner rather than later. She left me with him in the examining room and as I looked at him as he cuddled into my neck I felt it was time. He was sedated and went very quickly. I was holding up ok until the vet started crying then I couldn't stop. She was always fond of him and didn't charge me for past x-rays or consultation fees. She didn't charge me for putting him to sleep either and stroked him before he went and told him how brave he was. I miss him so much.

My golden retriever kept looking for him last night, in his crate and under the dining table. It is hard walking in the room and not having him hop up to me to beg for food. When the dogs had a treat Bo would come up too and sit beside them so I had to have something for him too!

I'm sorry I couldn't fix you Bo. I love you. Join Tilly and Lola and run free.

SDC10872_picnik.jpg

Rabbits059.jpg

Bogallery00006.jpg

Captured2004-1-100029.jpg

Matildagallery00030.jpg

Bogallery00010.jpg

So sorry for your loss. We lost our Snow yesterday. He's not unlike Bo. He was a REW also. x

Last edited:
Thankyou everyone. I have packed up his crate and toys. The gap where it all used to be is huge and I am avoiding the living room becuase of it.

How can such a little creature mean so much?

Back