• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sick of tarp!

Fluffers I really like your hutch and it is exactly what i am looking for as my hutch is starting to show a lot of wear now. Please can you tell me where you got it from? it is such a pretty colour too!

Thank you :wave: It's a Happy Hutch (bought off ebay) and the paint is Wilkonsons own 'Willow' from their 'Colour your Garden' range. It's water based & so really easy to use :wave:

Last edited:
I got sick of tarp too!

I now have a combination of shutters & corrugated plastic. My set up is in the shade all day and so I don't remove the plastic on the run lid. I made the shutters for the the winter really but I'm still using some at night & they're good for blocking out driving rain :thumb:

These pics might help
Without
BouncersnewhutchMay2011002.jpg

With!
Hutchshutters002.jpg

Septembergirls171211004.jpg
:wave:Can I ask how you attatched the corrugated plastic I think this is a really good idea but not sure how to fix it on:oops:

:wave:Can I ask how you attatched the corrugated plastic I think this is a really good idea but not sure how to fix it on:oops:

It's just screwed to the lid. Make tiny pilot holes first with a very small drill bit & you have to get the smaller corrugated stuff (smaller bumps) or the doors of the hutch won't open over it ;) They JUST skim the top :thumb: I bought mine from Homebase. I then attached a wooden knob (screwed through from underneath) so I could still open the lid!

It's just screwed to the lid. Make tiny pilot holes first with a very small drill bit & you have to get the smaller corrugated stuff (smaller bumps) or the doors of the hutch won't open over it ;) They JUST skim the top :thumb: I bought mine from Homebase. I then attached a wooden knob (screwed through from underneath) so I could still open the lid!

Thanks I'll give that a go as my next project:thumb:Did you have it cut to size or cut it yourself?

Back