Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sick of tarp!

Quote Originally Posted by beki View Post
    Fluffers I really like your hutch and it is exactly what i am looking for as my hutch is starting to show a lot of wear now. Please can you tell me where you got it from? it is such a pretty colour too!

Thanks
    Thank you It's a Happy Hutch (bought off ebay) and the paint is Wilkonsons own 'Willow' from their 'Colour your Garden' range. It's water based & so really easy to use
    Last edited by Fluffers; 11-06-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Run free Melody & Boysie, our ponies of over 20 years, our special bunnies Inca & Badger
    & also gorgeous Fidget the crazy cat, all taken to early. We will never forget you xxx

Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffers View Post
    I got sick of tarp too!

I now have a combination of shutters & corrugated plastic. My set up is in the shade all day and so I don't remove the plastic on the run lid. I made the shutters for the the winter really but I'm still using some at night & they're good for blocking out driving rain

These pics might help
    Without

With!

Can I ask how you attatched the corrugated plastic I think this is a really good idea but not sure how to fix it on

Quote Originally Posted by Andie17 View Post
    Can I ask how you attatched the corrugated plastic I think this is a really good idea but not sure how to fix it on
    It's just screwed to the lid. Make tiny pilot holes first with a very small drill bit & you have to get the smaller corrugated stuff (smaller bumps) or the doors of the hutch won't open over it They JUST skim the top I bought mine from Homebase. I then attached a wooden knob (screwed through from underneath) so I could still open the lid!

Run free Melody & Boysie, our ponies of over 20 years, our special bunnies Inca & Badger
    & also gorgeous Fidget the crazy cat, all taken to early. We will never forget you xxx

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffers View Post
    It's just screwed to the lid. Make tiny pilot holes first with a very small drill bit & you have to get the smaller corrugated stuff (smaller bumps) or the doors of the hutch won't open over it They JUST skim the top I bought mine from Homebase. I then attached a wooden knob (screwed through from underneath) so I could still open the lid!
    Thanks I'll give that a go as my next projectDid you have it cut to size or cut it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Andie17 View Post
    Thanks I'll give that a go as my next projectDid you have it cut to size or cut it yourself?
    The length was perfect but I had to reduce the width slightly