• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy 2002-2012

vick

Alpha Buck
Daisy was our first ever doe and was such a special girl. Right from the very start when we adopted her a good 5 years ago she made sure we knew how it was going to be! Not really one for a cuddle or a stroke, (although she did succumb to a back or head rub now and again) she was her own girl, feisty, independent and a bit of a madam!

Then she met her first husbun Harvey who after showing Daisy who was boss, which she didn’t seem to mind, doted on her despite him having his own health issues. Before we bonded them he would sit and watch Daisy in her cage, completely transfixed. Sadly he went blind soon after they were bonded but continued to love and groom her as though he had no troubles of his own.

After Harvey passed away Daisy had a short time on her own then along came Monty, a younger bun, who gave her that playful, cheeky spark that we hadn’t seen for a while. He clearly made her feel young again and she would follow him and join in as he made mischief! He also doted on her and quickly learned that he had to clean her gunky eyes for nothing in return! How did she get them both to do that?!

During Daisy's later years she developed many health problems of her own, most of which she overcame or coped with. Last Christmas we became very close to her as we syringe fed her several times a day, the first pet we’ve syringe fed with a positive outcome. I’m sure she knew that we were helping her. When she started eating again by herself we could’ve cried with happiness.

Just recently she developed an abscess behind her eye which was successfully treated with penicillin injections. We would think her days were numbered and then she would show us what a tough bunny she was and bounce back. Sadly on 28th May your body had had enough. I checked on her early in the morning and she seemed fine and took a treat from me. An hour later I was taking her food up to her room and heard a commotion. When I went in the room I say her lying on her side breathing slowly. I realised immediately she was taking her last breaths and sat with her, stroking and talking to her as she slipped away.

Daisy almost made it to her unofficial tenth birthday but she will always be our special ten year old girl though!

Sleep tight and binky free without pain Daisy.
We love and miss you with all our hearts x

DSCF3091.jpg

What a gorgeous girl, and obviously very much loved.
Binky free Daisy. xxx

what a beautiful bunny and such a strong one aswell to get through those health problems. sorry for your loss. sleep tight daisy x

Back