• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maxi <3

jordanrose

Warren Scout
You came to the rescue centre 2 weeks ago, Maxi boy, and were so strong and brave. Your owners had neglected you and you were in a terrible state- your eyes were infected, all of your teeth had to come out, and you were as skinny as a rake. Despite all of this, you were the friendliest bunny I'd ever met- you adored a cuddle and a nose rub, and even fell asleep on my knee last week :love:

You were doing so well, and we tried so hard to save you. Your organs packed in, and you continued to lose weight. In the end, we made a collective decision to help you to the bridge- it wasn't fair to keep you going when you looked so unhappy and had lost that sociability that you had had before.

I hope you know that in those last two weeks, you were loved by us all, Maxi. You will always be remembered by all of us at the SAA. Sleep well, beautiful boy- I hope there's lots of babyfood for you over the bridge, I know how you loved to lap it up.

Sweet dreams xXx

I'm sorry your efforts couldn't save him, but at least he was loved and had two weeks of extra-special care. xxx

Thank you all for your thoughts, they're much appreciated. We all feel a bit numb about it all at the moment, he was such a special little guy :love:

This is a very rare situation- we almost always nurse them back to full health but fate had other plans for little Maxi.

I know it's an upsetting pic, but here he was yesterday morning:
IMAG0180.jpg

He was so frail :cry::cry:

I was so happy to get back home to my two young, healthy buns last night. I gave them the biggest cuddle, and appreciate them even more than before, life is too delicate not to.

Love you Maximus! :love:

Thanks everyone! Your thoughts mean a lot :)

We have decided to plant an apple tree in Maxi's memory. It will become big and strong, and give us something to remember him by. It can also be used to feed and entertain the other buns on site. Seemed very apt, I think he'd like the idea of it :wave:

An apple tree planted in his name is a lovely way to honour Maxi.
I'm glad he knew comfort, care & love in this life.
Keep up the good work, there will be many more that you can & will save.
Kia kaha.

An apple tree planted in his name is a lovely way to honour Maxi.
I'm glad he knew comfort, care & love in this life.
Keep up the good work, there will be many more that you can & will save.
Kia kaha.

Thank you! We will be planting it tomorrow, and saying a few words for him :) We need to focus on those who we can save now, as we do everyday :love:

So sorry. Maxi had a comfortable last two weeks with people who loved him is something to think of.

Sweet dreams Maxi x

Back