• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wow 0_o

Well.... it's taken all day.... but the HUGE hutch has relocated from Leeds to Bradford. It's still in (big) bits and took 2 loads - but it's waiting for re-assembly. I can highly recommend the people who built it - a local woodyard. It wasn't giving in easily to being taken apart.

Thank you so much to Roz, Fresca and the neighbours that we 'borrowed' to help out.

Photos would have shown (had I remembered the camera) 2 adults and 3 teenage girls all easily accommodated inside the intact hutch... with room for more, and a picnic.

Well.... it's taken all day.... but the HUGE hutch has relocated from Leeds to Bradford. It's still in (big) bits and took 2 loads - but it's waiting for re-assembly. I can highly recommend the people who built it - a local woodyard. It wasn't giving in easily to being taken apart.

Thank you so much to Roz, Fresca and the neighbours that we 'borrowed' to help out.

Photos would have shown (had I remembered the camera) 2 adults and 3 teenage girls all easily accommodated inside the intact hutch... with room for more, and a picnic.

woooooow :D

It was lovely to meet you all and hope it's not too difficult to put the hutch back together! All downhill from now on, I reckon.

I suddenly remembered I still had some of the ice creams in the freezer, just as you were leaving...:oops:

:lol:

Enjoy the ice creams.

You can't let them go to waste. There's no such thing as 'left over' ice cream here. It mysteriously vanishes (often when the girls are at school).....

wow that is a great hutch... you say a local firm made it? can i ask was it woodlands near station road? if my bond doesn't go to plan i will be on the lookout for another shed or similar.

Yes, it was Woodlands at Horsforth Station. They made it to Roz's spec, but it was a few years ago. I went in recently for some fence panels but they import them ready made now, so I don't know if they still do anything made to order. Worth asking, though. Even if they don't do it any more, they may be able to put you in touch with the guys who would.

wow that is a great hutch... you say a local firm made it? can i ask was it woodlands near station road? if my bond doesn't go to plan i will be on the lookout for another shed or similar.

Hi

Yes it was them. They've been really helpful and I've had 4 of their sheds of various description over the years - all well built and they erect for free if you're local. For this one, I emailed them and sent them a photo of the Forsham 'Really Big Hutch' and asked if they could produce something similar and poss a bit cheaper to my spec.

Back