• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport York to Rugby

Ah if it had been North of York then I could have helped out.

Really sorry! I hope someone comes along soon. :thumb:

I can do the first hour as York to Hoyland Common if Bunnymadhouse is agreeable to a handover taking place at hers. That leaves one and a half hours straight down the M1.

I live in Nottingham and will be travelling down to Slough on Tuesday, so could help with that leg of the journey? The bun would have to be with me by lunchtime.

My folks could do towards the end of the week, York to J23 of the M1.

That might be better for the buns, I would worry a bit on Tuesday about holiday traffic prolonging the journey. I've found they are better if you keep moving rather than stopping and starting in traffic.

That might be better for the buns, I would worry a bit on Tuesday about holiday traffic prolonging the journey. I've found they are better if you keep moving rather than stopping and starting in traffic.

OK. I'll try and get a more precise date and time :D

York to Rugby Bun run

Hiya Fluffers, that would have been fab but am in Edinburgh on thursday, could anyone maybe help the week after please, as long as I can fit it in between work and school runs am happy to travel to meet someone :D xx I could in fact do tuesday if anyones coming down this way though :)

Last edited:
Hiya Fluffers, that would have been fab but am in Edinburgh on thursday, could anyone maybe help the week after please, as long as I can fit it in between work and school runs am happy to travel to meet someone :D xx I could in fact do tuesday if anyones coming down this way though :)

:wave: It's likely to be Friday or Saturday rather than Thursday - any better?

Latest: 95% sure it will be Saturday late PM that they'll be heading home. They could pick up either anywhere close to any M1 to York exit i.e. J43-46 or at the Weatherby service station and come down as far as J23 of (only 30 mins from Rugby) Is this of any use?

Last edited:
:wave: It's likely to be Friday or Saturday rather than Thursday - any better?

Latest: 95% sure it will be Saturday late PM that they'll be heading home. They could pick up either anywhere close to any M1 to York exit i.e. J43-46 or at the Weatherby service station and come down as far as J23 of (only 30 mins from Rugby) Is this of any use?

That's fine for me, hope it's OK for Bikerbunnies :) Thank you xx

That's fine for me, hope it's OK for Bikerbunnies :) Thank you xx

Great - will you be able to liaise with my parents re. a meeting point Helen? Do you have a contact no. for Bikerbunnies? Be good to know for sure asap so I can tell my folks :wave:

Great - will you be able to liaise with my parents re. a meeting point Helen? Do you have a contact no. for Bikerbunnies? Be good to know for sure asap so I can tell my folks :wave:

I've sent her a message in case she hasn't seen this. I can't find the junction numbers on Google, but Wetherby services would be OK. Will your parents be in York? I could take Bronte to wherever they are?

I've sent her a message in case she hasn't seen this. I can't find the junction numbers on Google, but Wetherby services would be OK. Will your parents be in York? I could take Bronte to wherever they are?

Hi - no they'll be travelling south from Richmond. Weatherby Services sounds good :thumb:

Back