Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stasis - Advice needed/ UD Admitted

Default Stasis - Advice needed/ UD Admitted

Yesterday during the day Polo went off his food and had not eaten by himself all day. Up until now he has seen the vet 4 times and been given the following:

4 x metaclopramide (Yesterday afternoon, yesterday night, this morning and around 6pm this evening)
    Baytril (Yesterday afternoon and this morning)
    Painkiller (Last night and around 6.30pm this evening)
    4 x doses of Fibreplex

I gave him a syringe feed this morning and this afternoon, both of which he took well.

He's stayed generally ok in himself although maybe slightly subdued. Within the past couple of hours he is sat looking as bright as usual. He is now eating strands of grass and i saw him nibble some hay. He's completely ignored any other food offered. I take it as a good sign he has eaten grass and some hay but not sure why he is ignoring everything else?

He pood overnight and this morning although they were slightly smaller than usual. He has pood throughout the day and in the past few hours but the poos are smaller still.

Is there anything else i can do to help him? Is it a sign he is on the mend when he's been nibbling bits, or worrying he's ignoring other foods? We have no idea what has brought it on, he's been examined by 2 vets with no obvious problem found.

Thanks

Sleep Tight Rory and Zebedee, we will always love you xxxx

Won't he eat any fresh herbs basil mint coriander etc or dandelions sending loads a nom nom vibes come on polo

In Memory Of My Gorgeous Bridge Bunnys Scratch,George,Lily,Dudley,And Now My Little Smudge Gone But NEVER Forgotten xxxxxxxx

Nope, dandilions are his favourite but he is not interested in those, he hasn't had any basil or coriander either. All he seems to be nibbling is grass and i saw him eat some hay. So worried for him! He is never poorly.

Fluids, just as important as medication.
    Has he had any fluid therapy ?

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

No, i asked the vet twice about fluids today but he said he is ok for now He said he's been getting fluids when i have been feeding him.

Hi Bex,

I have a bunny with chronic tummy probs and I would agree that getting fluids on board would help. From experience, I would also try to syringe feed 4-5 ml every 2 hours until feeding is re-established.

All the best
    Nickix

id also recommened fluids as thats what my vet gave sox, note he was still eating at the time

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thanks. I will be back in the morning and will make sure fluid is given. He is nibbling bits of hay still. I just feel so helpless towards him.

many vibes he feels better soon x

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thanks