• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorted

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Bandit has at last found a new home after being in rescue for over a year . :D

but we need to get him part way ... hopefully around halfway there so his new mummy and daddy can meet him without having to come the whole way here .

can anyone help please ?

Last edited:
:wave: I can meet any of you half way, hope to pop in for some visits. :oops: James doesn't know this yet. :oops:

We are in Middlesex, a few miles from London. Not far from Hampton Court, Kingston, Twickenham way.

Hi, I am travelling from south of Sheffield to Guildford on Sunday 10th June, leaving late morning. If someone can get him nearish to my start point I can take him rest of the way and meet BYB somewhere down here?

(if that isn't too far for bun to travel in one day?)

Hi, I am travelling from south of Sheffield to Guildford on Sunday 10th June, leaving late morning. If someone can get him nearish to my start point I can take him rest of the way and meet BYB somewhere down here?

(if that isn't too far for bun to travel in one day?)

OMG Guildford is so close to us, only problem is James is having an operation on the 8th, he is not meant to drive for a week. I have no one local to me that can help, no family here and my friends live in other parts of the UK.

Maybe I can get a train. It is so close. Thanks. :wave:

OMG Guildford is so close to us, only problem is James is having an operation on the 8th, he is not meant to drive for a week. I have no one local to me that can help, no family here and my friends live in other parts of the UK.

Maybe I can get a train. It is so close. Thanks. :wave:

Actually just looked at the map and I may be able to go via Twickenham. I will look exactly where I will be near Sheffield and update tomorrow (visiting a friend who lives in a village somewhere but can't remember the name without getting my address book). Then if the bunny could get a run somewhere near there or somewhere on the M1 we might be able to do it :)

Also just seen Catherine09 has posted a thread offering a run from York on Friday...not sure if that would be better?

Actually just looked at the map and I may be able to go via Twickenham. I will look exactly where I will be near Sheffield and update tomorrow (visiting a friend who lives in a village somewhere but can't remember the name without getting my address book). Then if the bunny could get a run somewhere near there or somewhere on the M1 we might be able to do it :)

Also just seen Catherine09 has posted a thread offering a run from York on Friday...not sure if that would be better?

Can't see Catherine09's post/thread. Isn't York alot further up from Barnsley ?

Twickenham would be great, it is so close. I could ask Janice from RU as she lives there. I could even get James to ask if he could do a short journey, I have no idea why after a nose operation on your sinuses you cannot drive for a week. Even with the car available, me, my son and mother can't drive. None of us have learnt. :oops:

Can't see Catherine09's post/thread. Isn't York alot further up from Barnsley ?

Twickenham would be great, it is so close. I could ask Janice from RU as she lives there. I could even get James to ask if he could do a short journey, I have no idea why after a nose operation on your sinuses you cannot drive for a week. Even with the car available, me, my son and mother can't drive. None of us have learnt. :oops:

Oh sorry, I thought you were in Twickenham (fooled by the postcode!), but if you are somewhere around there I can just come via your place. No need for James to drive anywhere, poor thing! - we can PM address details if this works out x

I will be in Rowsley in Derbyshire. If I can help let me know on here or by PM. I don't really want to go far out of my way on the start leg of the journey, if I can avoid it.

Also should say that my car doesn't have air con. I would drive with windows down etc though...

Catherine09's thread is in rabbit chat:http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...oneybunnies-and-others-that-rehome-nationally

Derbyshire isnt that far from us ... would you be going using M1 .. we are just off junction 36 .. may be able to get someone to meet you at couple of junctions from there ... where would work for you ?

I will ask my son if he could run me to Sheffield on the Sunday the 10th to get the bunny to you I will see him later when he gets home from work I'm sure he will take me if he has nothing on that day I'll get. Back to you later

Derbyshire isnt that far from us ... would you be going using M1 .. we are just off junction 36 .. may be able to get someone to meet you at couple of junctions from there ... where would work for you ?

Yes, Google maps seems to be saying A6, then A610, then onto the M1 at Junction 26. Is that too far down for someone to bring him?

Thats really wonderful. Poor James is in a bit of a state, terrified of the operation on the 8th, its not essential for his overall health but it would improve his breathing. He has a twisted sinus, or something twisted in his nasal cavity. I assume any execise etc could start a heavy nose bleed and thats why he needs to rest for a week.

Will PM you.:wave:

I just spoke to my friend and she recommends that I join the M1 at J28, so a bit further up than I thought - does this help any more?

I just spoke to my friend and she recommends that I join the M1 at J28, so a bit further up than I thought - does this help any more?

Dont know but will try and see if I can post on a FB rabbit site that other RU'ers use.

So its Barnsley to somewhere in Sheffield/Derbyshire ?

Back