hed been plucking his loose plumes of moulting fur between brushes etc...like they do his chest fur is damp due to water dribble and now beginning of dental issues. hed choked himself a few times and i cleaned his dog crate and entire lounge that end of fur dust and hay that dog crates like to get stuck underneath at the edges...even a hoover cant do it unless you move crate around..
i blamed his sneezing and coughing session he had to that. he was fine to have his vhd jab. yesterday hed had a few sneezing bouts then a few coughs which i put down to dust and fur. But by teatime he was having a severe continous bout of it like he had the other day...BUT it was really bad and all i could see and hear was poor bertie with his pasturella I rang vets they could squeeze me in before they shut....but the vet was the one i didnt like with buns after bluebell and lily fiasco. He did my cats vaccs but that was it..i did tell him he should have listened to me bout her dental and how he could have killed her by giving me a sheet telling me to starve her before GA...( he printed off the dog one for me) if i didnt know about it id have had a dead bun on my hands.
i said no but managed to wrangle an appt for this morning with our bunvet. But he had a real bad spasm of it and i took a chance and rang my old vets who i loved dearly but so far away taxi fare. Theyd see him too but id see a vet id known and was a good bunsavvy vet too. He said that the water dribbling and him pulling the damp fur out and him moulting would have made him worse. And then he took his temp and listened to his chest and heart. Poor Baxter raised temp...and respiratory infection. I was upset and told him it was what killed bertie in the end and its all i can see in baxter.
he said it may not be pasturella dont panic yet....and was asking how much the rescue knew of his history etc....so now i need to ring wendy to tell her to notify the folks who adopted baxters brother about dental problem re shape of lower jaw and poss pasturella infection laying physically dormant. just cant believe it......so close to losing bertie then my mum..i really feel like the grim reaper...its something i did and to let him have the vhd jab..omg it could have been the cause of the actual infection due to immune system coping with jab.
i rang my vets to cancel appt and ask my vet ring me..never mentioned the other vets diagnosis to receptionist its the vet who needs to know. shes supposed to ring me back late morning....so im going to delay giving him the baytril dose until shes rung me...dont want to be chasing him round the crate trying to catch him get him out and fight him to medicate him and have to miss her call as shell be dashing off to do surgery. Also she may ring between patients if its a quietish morning ha!
ive checked on him...came to bed as it was getting light...been to check him again..he has always been a puffy breather and hes eaten a bit of food done a few poops but not like he normally does. ive got a fan on in the lounge a tower fan..cheap one as its boiling indoors...but its on top of a pet carrier in the doorway protected by baby gate!
i was terrified going to check on him id thought hed be dead like my darling bertie was...