• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for baxter please...rushed to vets yesterday

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
hed been plucking his loose plumes of moulting fur between brushes etc...like they do:( his chest fur is damp due to water dribble and now beginning of dental issues. hed choked himself a few times and i cleaned his dog crate and entire lounge that end of fur dust and hay that dog crates like to get stuck underneath at the edges...even a hoover cant do it unless you move crate around..

i blamed his sneezing and coughing session he had to that. he was fine to have his vhd jab. yesterday hed had a few sneezing bouts then a few coughs which i put down to dust and fur. But by teatime he was having a severe continous bout of it like he had the other day...BUT it was really bad and all i could see and hear was poor bertie with his pasturella:cry: I rang vets they could squeeze me in before they shut....but the vet was the one i didnt like with buns after bluebell and lily fiasco. He did my cats vaccs but that was it..i did tell him he should have listened to me bout her dental and how he could have killed her by giving me a sheet telling me to starve her before GA...( he printed off the dog one for me:shock::roll:) if i didnt know about it id have had a dead bun on my hands.

i said no but managed to wrangle an appt for this morning with our bunvet. But he had a real bad spasm of it and i took a chance and rang my old vets who i loved dearly but so far away taxi fare. Theyd see him too but id see a vet id known and was a good bunsavvy vet too. He said that the water dribbling and him pulling the damp fur out and him moulting would have made him worse. And then he took his temp and listened to his chest and heart. Poor Baxter raised temp...and respiratory infection.:cry: I was upset and told him it was what killed bertie in the end and its all i can see in baxter.

he said it may not be pasturella dont panic yet....and was asking how much the rescue knew of his history etc....so now i need to ring wendy to tell her to notify the folks who adopted baxters brother about dental problem re shape of lower jaw and poss pasturella infection laying physically dormant. just cant believe it......so close to losing bertie then my mum..i really feel like the grim reaper...its something i did and to let him have the vhd jab..omg it could have been the cause of the actual infection due to immune system coping with jab.

i rang my vets to cancel appt and ask my vet ring me..never mentioned the other vets diagnosis to receptionist its the vet who needs to know. shes supposed to ring me back late morning....so im going to delay giving him the baytril dose until shes rung me...dont want to be chasing him round the crate trying to catch him get him out and fight him to medicate him and have to miss her call as shell be dashing off to do surgery. Also she may ring between patients if its a quietish morning ha!

ive checked on him...came to bed as it was getting light...been to check him again..he has always been a puffy breather and hes eaten a bit of food done a few poops but not like he normally does. ive got a fan on in the lounge a tower fan..cheap one as its boiling indoors...but its on top of a pet carrier in the doorway protected by baby gate!

i was terrified going to check on him id thought hed be dead like my darling bertie was...:cry:

thank you all so much x

hes been having bouts of gagging coughing and sneezing again..terrifying to witness:( then he had a few long breaks after having bouts soo close together for hours.

and would you believe it...bluebell has a poorly front paw... didnt stop her running around but then she couldnt walk on it all the time...so i put my head in my hands..cried....then popped her in his crate and let him loose. gave her dose of metacam for 20kg dog...and have left her sulking in the crate with poor baxter sulking wanting to go to bed!!!

our vet rang me up today and was shocked at poor baxter and said shed ring me tomorrow and i must take action if its needed.

well now ive got to ring up and plead for apt with her as shes the only one who bluebell behaves for..shes gone for two of the male vets and snorted and grunted at a lady vet....but this vet can even pick her up and carry her to scales or even to kennels or just talk to her and get lovely interaction...now ive said that.....................

wish us luck....and i dont think it helps having fans on...i need an air purifier to keep fur from flying around!! hoover would need to be switched on 24/7 with two moulting frenchies!!

im so worried bout him..so has bluebell until after being asleep a few inches apart for an hour or so she got bossy and he chased her fur was pulled and i got in the middle and he was so cross with me!! he wouldnt put his tail down till i got her to go in the crate..then we saw how sore her paw was but cant see swelling redness or lump..poss sprained toe i hope..but seeinmg as ive found her wandering around on top..yes on top of the doggy crate whilst baxters sleeping and so are we..i think its that thats done it. or poss a bite but im sure itd have been swollen etc. As they had no fights yesterday !!

i popped baxter up on nikkis bedsettee with her ready to metacam him....and he snuggled into nikki just like bertie used to...made her well up.

vets..in this heat...cant wait!! poor bunnys. hope we get our vet...no one else will be allowed to touch her..shes such a moo normally!

why do i put myself through this...having one of the most tricky pets to keep....and i have 6 of them. moneys always an issue but theyre my responsibility...and as nikki says..theyre her furry children therefore my furry grandchildren:love: why do buns seem to get things in spates together..or is it just it feels like its always buns needing vets in my house?

Thank you all so much.

Well turned out it was an old bite from Baxter on bluebells shoulder that's swollen and scabby but no apparent sign of pus. It's causing pain from tip toes to shoulder.

She has to go back to see billy jo Tuesday morning. She's on bay trial and meta am..great two grumpy huge buns to medicate...in this heat...they can't handle it neither can I...I get nikki to do the syringe as I have to rugby tackle them to hold them down!

For all those wanting a frenchie or bigger..make sure you have a team available to medicate bun and groom them!

Thank you Sam x

Baxter was much much better last night...and so far today had one bout but it was soo hot and I think anything inflamed reacts to this heat.

I'm keeping fingers crossed so hard for him to get better and it not be a recurring problem or terminal like my beloved old boy Bertie. And I hope madam recovers and is ok. I hate having this happen no matter how careful involved etc with my buns when others just leave their buns and they never seem to get ill or have accidents!

Once madam is able to get of. Rate rest...I'm putting up pen panels for Baxter and folding and putting the dog crate away. It's such a bun fur trap no matter how many times a day I sweep it up. With the pen I can sweep and use the Hoover regularly cos I'll be able together to everything. We are convinced that nikki trimming his dewlap fur of all that constantly wet fur he was cleaning all the time..has been a major help factor. So did the vet. He will definitely have to have a dental but not until the bay trials finished and we know more .
He's just rushed round the lounge but is too hot to do more bless him. I paid a chap £15 today to strip and mow our grass, it was three pounds more cos it broke his strummer cable housing! But he raked and filled 4 massive sacks with the grass!

Keep the vibes coming...he's so much better today but I know things can turn on a sixpence with resp infections and bites!

Thank you all so much.

Well turned out it was an old bite from Baxter on bluebells shoulder that's swollen and scabby but no apparent sign of pus. It's causing pain from tip toes to shoulder.

She has to go back to see billy jo Tuesday morning. She's on bay trial and meta am..great two grumpy huge buns to medicate...in this heat...they can't handle it neither can I...I get nikki to do the syringe as I have to rugby tackle them to hold them down!

For all those wanting a frenchie or bigger..make sure you have a team available to medicate bun and groom them!

Thank you Sam x

Baxter was much much better last night...and so far today had one bout but it was soo hot and I think anything inflamed reacts to this heat.

I'm keeping fingers crossed so hard for him to get better and it not be a recurring problem or terminal like my beloved old boy Bertie. And I hope madam recovers and is ok. I hate having this happen no matter how careful involved etc with my buns when others just leave their buns and they never seem to get ill or have accidents!

Once madam is able to get of. Rate rest...I'm putting up pen panels for Baxter and folding and putting the dog crate away. It's such a bun fur trap no matter how many times a day I sweep it up. With the pen I can sweep and use the Hoover regularly cos I'll be able together to everything. We are convinced that nikki trimming his dewlap fur of all that constantly wet fur he was cleaning all the time..has been a major help factor. So did the vet. He will definitely have to have a dental but not until the bay trials finished and we know more .
He's just rushed round the lounge but is too hot to do more bless him. I paid a chap £15 today to strip and mow our grass, it was three pounds more cos it broke his strummer cable housing! But he raked and filled 4 massive sacks with the grass!

Keep the vibes coming...he's so much better today but I know things can turn on a sixpence with resp infections and bites!

:shock::shock: Ooooh Debbie you are so naughty, your own personal naked gardener.

This heat makes the buns so lethargic. Mine are bearly moving. I have to con Mr Bennett out with a crunchie. My place is cool so with an upstairs yours would really be feeling the heat.

Hope Bluebell and Baxter are better soon. xxx

Sending megavibes for Baxter and Bluebell and comforting vibes for you.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((VIBES)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

My three are blowing their coats in the weirdest ways and I sympathize with how you feel. We live in a rural spot with a dirt road and between the dust and the fur it's a nasal nightmare here for man or beast. :(

I'm hoping that you're all feeling better soon! ((((((((Hugs))))))))

Back