• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh my, did you just eat that bunny?

I sympathise, but do try and keep bun safer.
Welcome to the forum.Despite your uncertainty about the situation in which you are in, accidents do happen.
It cant be nice for you.
Stick around on here.Theres loads you can learn and tips on how to keep your bunny healthy and happy.xxxx:wave:

I'm sorry if you thought my post was having a go or a lecture, I did not mean for it to come across that way. As someone else said weed is an illegal drug here and that would have caused alot of shock.

Is there anyway bunny could be in your bedroom full time so you would be able to have more control over the environment or would the boys let him out? I appreciate you're in an awkward position though and wish you luck in keeping bunny safe :thumb:

She would be let out, i try to just keep her with me, she even enjoys car rides and sometimes acts more like a dog. I was really more curious about her trying to eat my food, as i said i know she wasnt hurt by the weed. Is it typical bunny behavior? And if i eat food similar to what i feed her (im a vegetarian, and eat raw quite often.) How do i get her to tell what is mine and what is hers?

Ironicaly, she was a gift from one of the boys. My 19th birthday present, im not their mother. So i did not have control over introduction even. Short of making both myself and the bun homeless there is no way to take away the enviroment. Like ive said i was looking for knowledge. I thought that was the point of a question, if i wanted a lecture i could reconnect with my family.

Sorry, I thought I was being friendly. I'll stop now and go away.

I wasnt talking about you, moreso how everybody reacted to pot. I think ill just leave the forum. If i told you it was for chronic pain due to terminal cancer would anybody feel better? I was told to ask what i need, you seemed to be one of the few trying to help.

I think this is a good example of why we shouldn't jump to conclusions when reading an opening post - it's all too easy to make assumptions that are completely wrong. :wave:

OP, it's natural for bunnies to want to eat things that aren't good for them. Quite a few members have had food snatched from their plate or had a bunny rummaging through the kitchen bin, so lots of people will understand that accidents can and do happen. I think you need eyes in the back of your head with a bunny around. :lol: I'm glad bunny seems none the worse for it. :D

I don't think there's a way of making them understand what's fine to eat and what isn't; it's more a case of trying to make sure that she can only get access to the things she's allowed to eat & stressing the importance of that rule to the other members of the household. If they don't seem concerned then it may be safer to limit bunny to a room that you can ensure is bunny-safe.

She would be let out, i try to just keep her with me, she even enjoys car rides and sometimes acts more like a dog. I was really more curious about her trying to eat my food, as i said i know she wasnt hurt by the weed. Is it typical bunny behavior? And if i eat food similar to what i feed her (im a vegetarian, and eat raw quite often.) How do i get her to tell what is mine and what is hers?

Theres loads of stories on here about how cheeky and naughty bunnies can be so im sure shes loving her new game of 'steal mums food' the best way might be to pop her away while youre eating then let her out again after.

She only got a little dust, not even a gram of low quality.
This comment made me :lol::lol::lol: Maybe if there was good quality stuff going your bun would end up at your fridge instead.:lol: I'm so glad my buns aren't around the wacky backy or any illegal junk:shock:, im a bottle of wine kind of girl:love:...give it ten years and you never know tho as i have 3 kids:lol: Aghh teenage years! Dont take comments the wrong way or take to heart. Members like me just have buns best interest at heart. We all live different lifes and are of different ages so course there will be conflict with what we do. Each to their own and all. Think we visioned a trainspotting baby scene but bunny style thats all. We go by what we see written,not what we know when it comes to computers. Once u become a mum, everything changes and you go into protect all mode. Preach over:oops: Just make sure your bun isn't near it in future. Oh and :wave: by the way.

I just thought I'd mention that marijuana is toxic to rabbits so I would do my best to make sure that she isn't able to get hold of anymore in the future.

Well my rabbits are into everything! They are currently working their way through my piano stool (and we actually woke up to the sound of them Playing the piano this morning!

I have just had to get into the habit of keeping things out of their way.

Don't leave the forum, it's nice here, and a really good place for information and sharing nice stories about the buns :shock:

I smoke weed but I'd NEVER EVER let my animals anywhere near it. I don't think it's a "drug" as such, more like tobacco or alcohol but less damaging. I think that if you can't guarantee that your bunny will be safe in that apartment then I wouldn't keep her there. I'd rehome her to a good place for her own good, the fact that she was bought for you for 19th birthday present shows that the boys you live with have no idea of what kind of responsibility a rabbit (or any animal) is.
Where do you live? The only place I know where it is smoked legally is for medical reasons or only allowed in cafes or something. I don't know everywhere though, so maybe it's legal to buy for personal use at home for recreation reasons in other countries.
Paracetemol and other things are legal here but I would still be shocked if somebody left it lying around whilst a bunny was in the house. The lads you live with know there is a bunny and tbh I'm shocked that they left it there for her to get.
I'm wondering at 19 if you are able to afford her being spayed, vaccinated and regular vet checks? (don't take this the wrong way but I know when I was 19 I couldn't afford to feed myself let alone any animals!)

It's a good thing it was only a little since lots of plants are toxic to buns and weed may be one of them. I'd talk to the room mates and make sure they know that many things are bad for buns and that even foods that are safe should be given with caution i.e little amounts in case it upsets their stomach. They might just be unaware,hopefully they will be more careful about leaving stuff laying around in the future.

Weed is legal in some places in the US which it sounds like the OP is from based on certain words she uses. I know it's legal in California (although maybe just for medical use?)

I smoke weed but I'd NEVER EVER let my animals anywhere near it. I don't think it's a "drug" as such, more like tobacco or alcohol but less damaging. I think that if you can't guarantee that your bunny will be safe in that apartment then I wouldn't keep her there. I'd rehome her to a good place for her own good, the fact that she was bought for you for 19th birthday present shows that the boys you live with have no idea of what kind of responsibility a rabbit (or any animal) is.
Where do you live? The only place I know where it is smoked legally is for medical reasons or only allowed in cafes or something. I don't know everywhere though, so maybe it's legal to buy for personal use at home for recreation reasons in other countries.
Paracetemol and other things are legal here but I would still be shocked if somebody left it lying around whilst a bunny was in the house. The lads you live with know there is a bunny and tbh I'm shocked that they left it there for her to get.
I'm wondering at 19 if you are able to afford her being spayed, vaccinated and regular vet checks? (don't take this the wrong way but I know when I was 19 I couldn't afford to feed myself let alone any animals!)

:thumb:

I'm not really sure what that's got to do with the OP's post, but it's a bit of an unfair question to ask out of the blue - there are plenty of 19 year-olds who can afford their pets - and also lots of people older than that who struggle. The OP has already taken the bunny to the vet for a different problem, on advice from the forum, & has mentioned spaying so, to me, it sounds like she wants to do the right thing and should be given some support to enable her to do so.

Mishaps do happen - other members have posted about their bunnies eating meds, chewing through wires etc and I don't think any of them have had the same kind of response as the OP.

Hi :wave: welcome:)

Every bunny Mummy has made mistakes in the past. (I have)

My First son,Jacques, would eat a whole can of Pringles if I would have let him, he loved peas with gravy and often took food from my plate. He never ate hay or grass:shock:

However we learn from our mistakes, and the best thing you can do is stay with us, read and learn:p

I do everything by the book now, because I was more mature and worldly wise when I decided to have a bunny again, I learned about their needs and I know that my bunsters have a full happy healthy life. :D

Dont leave the forum...Please?? We aint a bad bunch really and its a fun place to be.General chat can be a scream!!

Sometimes text can be written and read mistakenly as one cant hear the tone in which its said.
xxxx

Just a general thought, while I'm pretty sure weed isn't great for rabbits, I'd be even more worried about tobacco. It's highly toxic for humans when ingested, so I can imagine that it's even worse for small animals. And since it's quite likely that there's tobacco crumbs around as well, I'd definitely try and speak to the guys and explain that they might kill the rabbit if they're not careful.

And to the general question: I think it's pretty normal for rabbits / all animals to try and eat *anything* that looks interesting to them. For my rabbit it's mainly anything paper/cardboard related, and he goes crazy when I'm eating fruit - he belly flopped onto my face once as I was lying on the sofa eating grapes. They're just curious and stubborn little creatures - if you don't want your bun to eat your food (which they really shouldn't!), put them in the cage while you're eating, or eat in a different room.

Back