• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oh my, did you just eat that bunny?

Please understand that i do not intentionaly feed my bunny anything that could be harmful when reading this.

Over the past week or so sage has grown so much, and has also become quite daring. I live in an apartment with teenage boys and as you can imagine its hard to keep bunny proofed. The other day i walked into the living room and she was eating marijuana to my utter disbelief. She has also been caught in pringles cans, and even jumped into my rice bowl and started chowing down! Luckly i am a vegetarian, but im still worried. She doesnt seem as interested in her pellets or hay and wants to eat my food! She even peed on me when i didnt share my icecream. Does anybody have any advice on this behavior? And particularly will eating marijuana hurt her? /:

I think you shouldn't have a bunny in that kind of environment. All rabbits will "mug" you for something they think is food. Why was there drugs lying around when the rabbit was in the room? At the end of the day she is your responsibility and if you can't bunny proof the flat then maybe you should either have her penned up or give her to a safer home?

:shock: I really don't think weed is going to do your bunny much good...is it growing as a plant??? If it's a plant, then (from what I've heard) the leaves probably don't contain as much active ingredient as the flowers...though I could be wrong!

Personally I would take the bunny to a vets as that can't have done it any good poor thing :cry:

Because i live here and its their apartment, somebody just left some broken up and it was the littlest bit. Also marijuana is a natural substance, im not going to make myself homeless because somebody smoked a joint. I was getting ready for work, youve never stepped out of the room for a minute? I cant control my roomates, that doesnt mean im a bad mommy. )':

I haveno idea what eating weed will do to a bunny but if you think of the effects a small amount can do to a human and bunnies digestive systems are alot more sensitive than ours.

If the other people you live with are not willing to help keep possible dangerous things out of reach of bunny then I can only suggest that s/he is only allowed out when you are there to supervise and after you've cleared the area so to speak? Maybe have her locked away whilst you are eating to avoid her jumping you. If bunny doesnt have access to other foods then I'm sure he will eat his own food.

Oh my :shock: I take it whichever teenage boy was responsible for that one is in the doghouse at the moment though!

You do need to take care though, rabbits need a very specific diet and if you cannot trust your sons to understand this then you need to supervise her. My Thor seems to have a preference for pringles too he tried to nibble his way into a tube :shock: but I didn't let him actually get to them or even break through into the tube!

Buns do tend to be draw to smoking stuff. My first rabbit once tried to steal a ciggie out of someones handbag and would go mad trying to eat any birthday/christmas cards that came from my aunt, who smokes like a chimney.

I have no idea whether or not weed is harmful to buns, i doubt its healthy. Do you have any idea how much she managed to get?

Last edited:
It was 3 days ago she nibbled it. It was not a plant. And it is legal here. Shes obviously fine, ive checked her the same a vet would. My appologies for thinking you all would be less judgmental. I keep her from wires, cigarettes, and anything she could fall from. I take every precaution, i can not control other people allowing her access to things. Im only one person. Keeping her in a cage doesnt mean other people wont take her out. I can ***** and moan all i want. She is absolutly spoiled, and the only reason i even asked is for knowledge not because i planned on it ever happening again. Next time ill keep my problems to myself. ):

It was 3 days ago she nibbled it. It was not a plant. And it is legal here. Shes obviously fine, ive checked her the same a vet would. My appologies for thinking you all would be less judgmental. I keep her from wires, cigarettes, and anything she could fall from. I take every precaution, i can not control other people allowing her access to things. Im only one person. Keeping her in a cage doesnt mean other people wont take her out. I can ***** and moan all i want. She is absolutly spoiled, and the only reason i even asked is for knowledge not because i planned on it ever happening again. Next time ill keep my problems to myself. ):

I don't think anyone was having a go at you as such, people were just a bit shocked. I understand that you may try your best but sometimes you need to go the extra mile, especially if there's drugs lying around ...

She only got a little dust, not even a gram of low quality.

That's not really the point. A small bit of bleach or a tiny electric shock can cause damage, you wouldn't let bunny get in the way of them would you?

Sorry, I know you were looking for help but in all honesty, if it were three days ago, I'm sure she's fine.

I said i knew she was fine i just wanted knowledge. And i only put the amount because i was asked by hele, not for snide remarks as such.

I think a lot of people assumed when you said that you lived with 2 teenage boys that they were yours and that you were their mother. I know I did and if you look at it from that point of view it seems much more irresponsible. I don't know where you are but weed is illegal here, and judged a bit more harshly for this.

Everyone's buns eat things that they would never imagine a bun would try, I also have lived somewhere where half the house smoked weed and short of phoning the police there was nothing I could do to stop it. I didn't however introduce a pet, she is your responsibility and a lot of people on this forum view their buns as a responsibility almost that of having a child. Re-read your OP and replace bunny with baby and I'm sure you'll understand why you got shocked responses.

I'm afraid I can't give much advice, but from the title I thought this was about someone eating a bunny :shock::lol:

Ironicaly, she was a gift from one of the boys. My 19th birthday present, im not their mother. So i did not have control over introduction even. Short of making both myself and the bun homeless there is no way to take away the enviroment. Like ive said i was looking for knowledge. I thought that was the point of a question, if i wanted a lecture i could reconnect with my family.

Back