Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick reference House Rabbit Society's suggested daily vegetable and fruit

Default Quick reference House Rabbit Society's suggested daily vegetable and fruit

I created this today to use as a go-to reference guide for the bunny room wall and to take out shopping with me and thought I'd share in case it's useful for anyone else

the poster sized one is here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...urpicsbuns.jpg

All of the information is from the House Rabbit Society's website here: http://www.rabbit.org/care/veggies.html

Last edited by jennehughes; 14-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Actually very useful
    Mum to Buzz, Lady, Alfie and Midnight
    Binky free Molly, Tilly & Isabelle

www.hopperholidays.co.uk

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa

Thats really useful.

thats very usuful although I didnt think bunnys could have lettuce due to the high water content? am I wrong ? also didnt realise they could have pineapple as thought it was acidic

Very useful, but I didn't think buns could have cherries, apricots, or peaches

Ollie 1998 - 2012 Au Revoir Monsieur, Je T'aime <3

That's a nice guide. My buns would be enormous if I let them have that much fruit though (they're pretty enormous as it is )

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by curlyanwurly View Post
    thats very usuful although I didnt think bunnys could have lettuce due to the high water content? am I wrong ? also didnt realise they could have pineapple as thought it was acidic
    Rabbits can have lettuce but not Iceburg. The high water content means they will just drink less.

Binky Free Smokey,Rascal and Fudge my little angels xxxx

If going by one cup = 225ml , so 4 x 2kg rabbits would be nearly 2 litres volume of green leafy veg!! I'd better get picking! I tend to use an old plastic mixing bowl and fill with a mixture of green leafy weeds and herbs, so I guess that is about right, but I rarely give mine fruit, apart from the occasional grape or strawberry.
    Two sons age 14 and 9
    Bugsy aged 7, Poppy adopted March 2010, Jenson adopted 28/4/13, Bramble adopted 7/7/14
    Cocoa & Ginger the piggies

My baby Pebbles adopted July 2010 gone to the bridge 16/4/13..you fought so hard little one
    RIP little Chloe and RIP Violet 2/11/13- 25/6/14 wish you had stayed longer

Mushrooms??
    Really? Never heard of that one! Does anyone here feed them??