• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bessie 1998 - 2012

Lillian

Warren Veteran
Abandoned by her original owners (at around 3 years), adopted by my nan in 1998 from a local dog rescue. My nan passed away in 1999 and Bessie was meant to come and live with us but she had cat issues, so she went to my uncle but remained a large part of all our lives. Although she lived with my uncle, me and my parents regulary walked her, dogsat her, clipped her claws, and took her to the vets. She had a long and loving life, my uncle worshipped her, and all the neighbours loved her and wrote her Christmas cards each year. Today me and my dad took her to be PTS, we stayed with her, stroked her and talked to her as she went :cry: This is a big loss to us all, and with her being my nans dog, that adds extra emotion on top, she was the last real link to my nan.. It's hard to believe she could be gone, I've known her since I was 8 years old, we grew up together and she's been my uncles only companion since my nan died, he's in pieces :cry:

Bessie you were loved by many, your crazy youthful days engraved in our memory. The time you escaped and were found roaming Tescos! The times we'd walk in the fields, down the pond and through the woods. The way you'd wildly bounce around the house at the mention of a walk. We'll miss you Bess.

Bessy018.jpg

Bessy020.jpg

Bessy023.jpg

Bessy028.jpg

Bessy012.jpg

Rest peacefully Bessie, finally reunited with nan xxxx

:cry:

Awww nite nite Bessie xxx

You had a wonderful life with your family, they loved you lots xxxx

I'm so sorry Lillian :( I know how much she meant to everyone. After everything you've told me about her, I feel sad myself that she is no longer with us :(

xx

Thank you for your replies, it has been very hard on me and my uncle. I just keep thinking of her with my nan.

Back