• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WINNER ANNOUNCED - Brand new 6ft Hutch on offer CLOSED

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
For those that don't know us, here at Rainbow Rabbits Retirement Home we currently have 32 special bunnies ranging from 6 months to 11 years old. The vast majority of them are here because they are either coming to the end of their natural life or have a life limiting illness or disability.

As you can imagine are running costs are high, last month our vet bill alone was £1441.20 and then there is food and bedding etc on top. This is your chance to help care for one of our very special rainbow rabbits. Just a £2 donation will help towards a special bunnies food and medical bills for one week.

Everyone who donates will have their name entered into a draw for the fantastic prize of a brand new 6ft hutch. There will also be a runners up prize of Rainbow Rabbit goodies and everyone who donates will get a thank you letter via pm from the Rainbow Rabbits themselves :love: You are welcome to donate as many times as you like so you are able to help care for more than one bunny. This will also increase the number of times you are entered into the draw eg if you donate £6 your name will be entered 3 times :D

If you don't need a new hutch you are more than welcome to donate it to a rescue of your choice, I am sure there are many rescues who could make excellent use of a brand new 6ft hutch and you will be helping two lots of rabbits at the same time. If you are close enough Steve will deliver it personally, if not I will organise a courier

We accept payment by paypal at rainbowrabbitsretirement@yahoo.co.uk, through online bank transfer or cheque, please pm for details. Closing date - FRIDAY 8TH JUNE AT 8PM

These are just some of the rabbits your donation will be helping - Stevie, only 6 months old, badly ulcerated eyes, deformed skull and failing to develop - Genevieve, arrived as a baby malnourished and developed cancer at only 5 months old - Bobbi, born with seriously deformed legs and rescued by the RSPCA from horrific conditions - Fifi, arrived with uterine cancer and is a regular dental bun - Dave our headtilt and dental bunny - Poppet, 9 years old, rescued from awful conditions and riddled with cancer - Humphrey 11 years old and thought to be a girl for the first 10 years and is an absolute sweetheart :love:

The hutch is pictured below with all its packaging, we do not want to unwrap it as it is perfect for a courier as it is. we have been told that it is the following hutch but with out taking it out we cannot verify this - http://www.rabbitshack.com/catalogu...es/rabbitshack-large-single-rabbit-hutch-.php It retails at £130

P1020582.jpg

This is all I can see through the packaging

P1020583.jpg

Donations from and Number of entries in draw

Yaretzi 3
Susiebun 5
Beebee 3
Wendle 10
AnnieElms 5
Parsnipbun 6
Bunny Mad Lisa 2
Boudicca 5
Tuckerbunnies 5
Rabswood 3
Newbabybuns 3
Bunnybabe 5
Tila 3
Georgi 3
Emmiee 8
Mirth 5
Kermit 6
Beebee 6
Aly and Poppy 5
Luvabun 10
Orange 5
Karen 5
Nikki26 3
Bluesmum 5
Rhianna 5
Chul 2
Laurax1989 5
Vikkivet 1
Bunnybunny 10
clarebear 1
Gillmanning 10
Fairy13 3

Last edited:
Just sent £6 for 3 entries - I've put who it's from in the comment on paypal :wave:

What a fabulous fundraiser! Would be perfect for anyone that can make use of the hutch!

Yay glad this is now up and running, thanks to all the mods who helped get this sorted :D :wave:

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. When I have a bit of time i shall start a list of who has donated and how many times they will entered in the draw on the first post. I will also work out a closing date too, it will probably be 3 to 4 weeks time :D

this is a wonderful fundraiser and I will be donating!! might be nice if you pictured some of the bunnies that we are helping.. hope this helps brings you some good funds for the excellent work that you do for these special bunnies!

just paypaled you £12 :wave::wave:

Though tbh our vets bill this month was almost the same as yours:oops::oops:

But at least most of ours are insurable for most things

Last edited:
Thank you everyone, I have added a list to the first post of everyone who has donated to our special bunnies :love:

Lisa that is a great idea I will find some good ones :D

Just realised I had forgot the closing date :oops:

This will run until Friday 8th June at 8pm. The draw will take place by the end of the weekend at the latest :D

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. There is only 2 weeks left before the hutch draw :wave:

As most of you know we have had an awful time lately and I am pretty sure our vet bills are going to be around a £1000 this month, if not more. We also still have 27 beautiful special bunnies to care for :love::love:

I would love a new hutch as the one Dylan and Molly are in is very tatty now.

I'd like five entries please but don't have paypal. Can I send the money by direct bank transfer please, Liz?

I'll get a couple of tickets too...but it will have to wait till after payday if thats ok :wave:
Karen I don't mind buying your tickets too if you want to give me the money for them

Back