• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny - 8th May 2012, U/D appropriate cremation pics. *Photos may be upsetting*

sunnibunny

Alpha Buck
My dearest Bunny, at only 3 and half years old, you joined the rainbow rabbit bridge today. I am so sorry and sad that you had to go, but God obviosuly wanted you to join his garden now to binky about in. Leah, my mum and myself your bunny-mummy miss you terribly and hope that you had a lovely life with us and enjoyed your time on this earth. I am glad that medications gave you a happy time with us in the final days and although they did not work when you took a turn for the worse, im glad your passing was not painful or arduous and got to say a goodbye although in hope in the morning while we left you in the care of the vets where you had the best chance for recovery if at all, which was nice wand warm in the ICU and quiet also for a peaceful eternal sleep. You are the my first and best bunny in the world and shall never forget you and will always be in my heart, mind and soul with everlasting love. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVwV6CHEIpo

PIC_1233.jpg

PIC_1060.jpg

PIC_1237.jpg

PIC_0960.jpg

PIC_0917.jpg

CopyofPIC_1258.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

PIC_0869.jpg

Last edited:
Binky free Bunny in the lush green grass over Rainbow Bridge find my Lily And Dudley and give em nose rubs from me smudge parsley and violet Sleep Tight Bunny R.I.P xxxx

75056610.jpg

Hope you start feeling a bit better every day. Your bunny was very cute and so sad he was taken so early.

* Moderator edit - I would just like to pre-warn members that this post contains some photos of the cremation and of Bunny after he passed. The OP has made sure to choose photos that she feels are appropriate; some may still find them upsetting, so please don't read on if you feel it will be too distressing for you. Photos are at the foot of this post.*

Thank you all very much for your wonderful messages everyone. They are a great comfort to me. Today was the cremation of Bunny which I did at home in the garden and hence why I wanted to share with you all a lovely send off that we had. Today was a lovely sunshine day in the morning, so my mum and I prepared the wood pile, then as we cremated Bunny, the day was of a light grey cloud as relating to the sombre event, it took 4 hours to burn through, and as the wood was dying down, a light and a short time of rain happenend at the end as if heaven was shedding tears along with me with the send off. The ashes cool over night outside in the burner and then I gather them and will keep them and get a bunny-urn for them. Here are a few nice pictures of the cremation, they are all appropriate so hopefully no one should object to them. To me, it was a lovely ceremony and I took great solace from it, as it was in my garden where bunny liked to be when the weather was nice!

Dandelion and forget-me-not flowers layed on Bunny.
DSCF8997.jpg

The flames just starting to lick the box.
DSCF9002.jpg

The roraring fire that reflected his strong spirit.
DSCF9009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lovely send off, he knows how much he was loved. I'm trying not to cry now because it's so sad that he was taken away from you at such a young age. You clearly loved him so much and he reminds me of my Fiver, I can't imagine losing him and how I would cope without him but it's something we all have to deal with at some point.
Sending lots of hugs your way.

I don't know if I could have done this myself but it is a beautiful send off. I have my Kermit's ashes by my bedside.

I'm so sorry you lost bunny :cry: Binky free little bun x

I'm glad that cremating bunny at home has brought you solace and comfort. I am though concerned that the photographs are upsetting for some members & may spur inappropriate actions by others :(

hello everyone,
Thank you for your condolences and kind words. It really helps me to know. As I feel rather close to you all due to the whole situation with bunny, I wanted to share naturally something very close to my heart and the cremation pictures with you, which i truly thought were ok but I undertand that some people were upset about it. I just want to apologise about not putting a warning on it and it was not meant to be with a malicious intent. For those it upsetted, just wanted to say that i really appreciate that you privately messaged the moderators and respectfully messaged your concern about the nature of the post. It is comforting to know that you were polite and respectful about it which im told. i am thankful to you about your courtesy in such a sad time for me. Love as always to you all and all your bunnies. :love:

Back